National OEM Sales Manager-1
Company: IHS Markit
Posted on: February 22, 2021
National OEM Sales Manager Summary: Direct report to the
Director, National OEM Sales with matrix reporting to VP, Global
Sales, this position will have full responsibility for Enterprise
EyeQ sales strategy and sales execution for IHS/aMM Automotive OEM
customers. This position will manage sales strategy, drive a 5-step
sales process with OEM's to sell EEQ, and support MEQ Regional OEM
sales team with insights and contacts to grow aMM dealer network.
This person is required to have an in-depth understanding of the
OEM's business, goals, strategies, industry trends and direction
and how they map to IHS Markit & aMM products and solutions. This
role will lead multiple opportunities concurrently at different
sales stages and have assigned sales goals and objectives for both
EEQ and MEQ product adoption. General Job Duties:
- Develop and implement the strategic sales plans that drive both
new and existing account revenue growth for aMM.
- Support sales processes, methodologies and organization
structure to support rapid growth coming from both current and new
- Provide functional account leadership and drive organizational
accountability by reviewing major account plans, monitoring and
managing the sales pipeline, tracking progress against plans,
ensuring accurate forecasting of revenue and expenses, developing
annual and quarterly sales targets.
- Ability to adjust direction as needed and focus on sales
initiatives to deliver on commitments.
- Collaborate cross functionally with peers and colleagues to
share best-practices and to ensure that the "voice of the customer"
is reflected in marketing, product, operational and decision-making
- Positively manage change, both internally and externally.
- Work collaboratively with the team to ensure all are working
towards the target customer account's business strategy - measured
by regular meetings to discuss opportunities, the client's business
and discuss and refine the account plan.
- Identify, coordinate, and deploy resources into the customer
accounts, facilitate ongoing communication through regular
meetings, and serve as primary point of contact on troubleshooting
or issues requiring immediate attention for targeted accounts.
- Ensure appropriate time is dedicated to meet annual sales
objectives by monitoring progress against account plans on a
regular basis. Leadership Experience:
- Managing for results: This individual will have a proven track
record as a decisive, action-oriented leader who has successfully
translated sales strategies into measurable execution plans. S/he
will be known for establishing strong and credible relationships at
senior executive levels in customer organizations that yield
sustainable growth, profitability, customer satisfaction and
- Leading OEM relationships: A qualified candidate will have
market-validated skills around building, developing and retaining
high performing accounts. This is a leader who communicates a
vision that provides direction and focus; creates accountability;
and proactively addresses problems before they affect performance.
- Building relationships and leading through influence: This
individual will have a track record of working effectively across
functions and geographies to assess options, incorporate input and
drive alignment around business priorities. Approachable and
open-minded, the successful candidate will be known for building
trusted working relationships with sales leaders and peers.
- Presence and leadership style: S/he will have a well-developed
executive presence and be expected to represent the company in
interactions with colleagues, customers and partners. The VP must
be an action-oriented yet thoughtful person of high integrity who
leads by example. S/he must be an accomplished communicator with
effective writing skills and the ability to create and deliver
crisp, compelling presentations for internal and external
consumption. Candidate Attributes:
- Bachelor's degree mandatory, Master's degree a plus
- 15 years automotive selling experience (OEM level)
- 5 years OEM experience
- 2 years incentive experience
- Prior role as sales manager in auto sector
- Proven sales leadership to meet and/or exceed sales targets for
a similar size and growth-oriented organization.
- Strongly target orientation, driven and hungry for
- Solid forecasting, sales planning, and regional outcome
- Comfortable driving external sales relationships at C level.
- Excellent track record managing teams in a complex geographic
and matrixed environment.
- Strong commercial understanding and orientation within the
- High levels of emotional intelligence and leadership, strong
collaboration, communication and influence capabilities.
- Capability to input to business strategy and provide advice and
guidance on product gaps and positively influence product
development through VOC.
- Ability to work independently with little direction. Candidate
can live and work remotely (preferably Southern California or
Michigan) and must be able to travel to NY, MI and OEM locations to
support sales and marketing initiatives on a regular basis.
Candidate should also expect to attend NADA annual meetings and OEM
specific events as needed. Inclusion and diversity are critical to
the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications
from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal
employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin,
disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected
category. For more information on the many ways in which we
enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both
candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity
Statement here . We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations
to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying
for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an
accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please
contact or call +1 . Determination on requests for reasonable
accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact
information (email and phone) is intended for application
assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept
resumes or provide information about application status through the
phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted
through the online application process, and only qualified
candidates will receive consideration and follow-up. IHS Markit
maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to
submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a
federal contractor in the United States, the company participates
in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work. For
information please click on the following links: IHS Markit
Business Code of Conduct Right to Work EEO is the Law EEO is the
Law Supplement Pay Transparency Statement Current Colleagues If you
are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via
the Workday internal careers site.
Keywords: IHS Markit, Southfield , National OEM Sales Manager-1, Sales , Southfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!