Emergency Veterinary Technician - 2nd/3rd Shift
Company: BluePearl Veterinary Partners
Posted on: August 15, 2019
BluePearl Veterinary Partners in Southfield, MI is seeking
exceptional Veterinary Technicians to join our fast-paced emergency
- Are you passionate about working with and helping animals?
- Do you crave a dynamic and rewarding work environment?
- Are you self-driven, dependable, and knowledgeable veterinary
- Would you consider yourself a team player?
If you answered "yes" to these questions, then we want to hear from
As an Emergency Technician you will:
- Provide nursing care to stable and critical patients according
to hospital standards of care and core values.
- Report patient signalment, problem list and plan during nursing
- Calculate medical math including CRIs (Constant Rate
- Understand classification of commonly-used medications,
associated side effects and appropriately monitors therapeutic
- Administer medications via appropriate routes and
- Perform phlebotomy.
- Place intravenous catheter in all peripheral veins.
- Perform physical exams; accurately counts heart, pulse rate,
capillary refill time, mucous membranes, temperature, respiratory
rate and effort.
- Possess a working knowledge of anesthesia/monitoring equipment
- Intubate patients.
- Remain current on R.E.C.O.V.E.R CPR guidelines.
What can you expect from BluePearl?
BluePearl Veterinary Partners grew from the dreams of numerous
veterinarians who believed pets should have access to high quality,
We are seeking hospital support with the same philosophy who are
looking to grow their career in an exciting environment with a
How you can become successful at BluePearl?
At BluePearl, the continued education of our techs is paramount.
Not only do our techs get to work in state of the art facilities
with the best veterinary teams in the nation, but they also have
access 90" paid scholarships with Penn Foster and CE allowances. We
also go even further to hold monthly CE meetings, associate
feedback sessions, and opportunities for mentorship and
Your benefit options will include:
- health benefits options
- competitive compensation
- flexible hours
- scrub allowance
- opportunity to bring your dog to work
- additional training
- unlimited growth potential
BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all
individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal
opportunity employer and you will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, national origin,
religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital
status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, or gender identity
or expression, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an
accommodation during the application process because of a
disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to
provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a
result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and
a Drug Free Workplace.
Keywords: BluePearl Veterinary Partners, Southfield , Emergency Veterinary Technician - 2nd/3rd Shift, Professions , Southfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!