Technician - Surgical Services
Posted on: January 9, 2019
We Are Hiring
Surgical Services Technician 1 - Surgery 001 - PRN,Rotating - Employer Providence Hospital - BU 34014 - Southfield,MI
Why Join Employer?
Employer Michigan is a member of Employer Health, the largest not-for-profit Catholic Health system in the United States.
Our Mission, Vision and Values: Employer Michigan, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable.Our Values: We are called to: Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity and DedicationOur Vision: Our passion for healing calls us to cultivate trust, advocate wellness, and transform healthcare.
What You Will Do
As an associate with St. John Health-MI, you will have the opportunity to perform a variety of duties in surgical services to maintain a well-supplied, sterile environment.
- Performs terminal cleaning of each operating room daily, including thorough decontamination of furniture, equipment and air vents.
- Transports case carts, equipment and supplies and disposes of hazardous waste according to policies and procedures.
- Monitors and maintains supply inventories at an appropriate par level.
- Provides physical assistance for patient positioning, lifting and, moving as directed by clinical nursing staff.
- Assists circulating nurse with requested items. Contacts SPD for procurement of additional necessary items needed by the OR staff. Makes calls, runs errands to SPD, CSR, Pharmacy, and delivers items to the OR suite as needed. Performs other responsibilities as assigned.
- Checks daily OR schedule for caseload changes and preparation for added cases by calling for case carts in a timely fashion. Obtains physician/surgeon's requested items from the preference sheet. When case has been cancelled, notifies SPD and returns the case cart to SPD. Returns specialty items to their proper location.
- Demonstrates a basic knowledge of aseptic technique. Understands the concept of the sterile field and can move around room without contaminating sterile set-up when bringing patient into the surgical suite. Utilizes the principles of aseptic technique. Under direct supervision of the Registered Nurse, may be required to open instruments and supplies during an emergency procedure.
- Stores unused sterile supplies and instruments in designated area for later return to Sterile Processing. Restocks supply cupboards and carts as needed. Assists in the maintenance of instruments when requested. Cleans and organizes CORE. Empties trash in CORE. Restocks warmers with blankets and solutions. Completes and initials pickings for the following day.
What You Will NeedEducation:
- HS or Equivalent
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 1 year of previous experience in one or more of the following areas preferred: patient transporting, Nurse Assistant and/or direct patient care, or hospital/institutional housekeeping.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Employer Michigan is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdfM/F/Disabled/VetEEO is the Law Poster Supplementhttp://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/ofccp_eeo_supplement_final_jrf_qa_508c.pdfReasonable Accommodation
Employer Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: email@example.com. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Employer Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Employer Michigan.Please note that Employer will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Employer will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Employer Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)
Keywords: Ascension, Southfield , Technician - Surgical Services, Professions , Southfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!