Financial Performance Analyst (Regular-Full Time)
Company: Sun Communities
Posted on: November 8, 2018
Our Accounting team is looking for a Financial Performance Analyst. If you have the experience we're looking for, we want to talk to you!
As a Financial Performance Analyst you'll be responsible for calculating and recording RV and ancillary revenue, payments and quant statistics from various systems, and onboarding those resorts onto our systems as needed. You'll be reconciling a variety of asset and liability balance sheet accounts. Additionally, you'll be working closely with the financial performance team on process improvement/efficiency projects and system implementations that may impact other departments within and outside of Accounting.
- Calculate and record RV revenue from various systems into the Yardi general ledger system.
- Take a lead on obtaining and recording revenue and payment data on all new acquisitions and assist in onboarding them into the appropriate systems.
- Prepare account and bank reconciliations, ensuring all outstanding items are addressed timely.
- Administer and maintain GTreasury, the Company's bank reconciliation software tool.
- Calculate amortization of seasonal RV revenue on a monthly basis and record in Yardi.
- Record RV and ancillary revenue from various systems into Yardi, such as RMS, Campspot, Bepoz POS.
- Record RV and ancillary revenue and payments from legacy systems such as KampSight, Campground Manager, Digital Rez, Quickbooks, Micros, Gilbarco Gas Station POS, etc.
- Record various quant and site night statistics from various systems.
- Oversee ancillary inventory count and adjustment process on a quarterly basis, inclusive of setting timeline, reviewing reporting and adjusting the inventory value on the balance sheet.
- Manage the Gtreasury system's bank reconciliation module, including testing new bank reconciliations, writing reconciliation rules, and assisting users in troubleshooting issues.
- Coordinate with Marketing on any third party promotions that require tracking on our balance sheet, including Groupon, Coast 2 Coast, etc.
- Calculate and request payment of royalty fees on KOA and LSI (Jellystone) franchises.
- Analyze and reconcile activity in miscellaneous balance sheet accounts such as cash, prepaid expenses, accrued receivables/payables, and other assets/liabilities; prepare adjusting journal entries and schedule as needed.
- Work with financial performance team on special projects, inclusive of process improvement/efficiency opportunities as needed.
- Assist with creating and documenting written procedures.
- Take a role in any new system implementations as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting or related field
- Minimum 3-5 years accounting experience with general ledger responsibilities
- Prior real estate or Yardi general ledger experience, preferred
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships both inside and outside of the company
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Ability to work well in a fast paced and changing work environment
- Proven problem solver
- Mastery of accounting related topics (e.g. account reconciliations, bank reconciliations, journal entries)
- Advanced computer proficiency in Microsoft Excel (e.g. Pivot Tables, VLookups, SumIfs)
Keywords: Sun Communities, Southfield , Financial Performance Analyst (Regular-Full Time), Professions , Southfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!