HVAC Mechanic I - Southfield, MI
Company: Lumen Technologies
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when
technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route
fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver
the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data
to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing
experiences. Learn more about Lumen's network, edge cloud, security
and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to
further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com,
LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook:
/lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube:
/lumentechnologies. The Role
Primary responsibilities are to assist with maintaining and repair
of HVAC systems and associated equipment within assigned market.
HVAC systems comprised of CRAC/CRAH units, dry coolers, condensers,
DX Spilt Systems, Fluid Loops, RTU's, Pumps, VFD's, Chillers, Wall
hung units, building management systems, as well as other
mechanical and electrical platforms. The Main
- Installs belts, filters and maintains, monitors, and repairs
all HVAC systems in assigned telecommunication facilities.
- Completes all preventive maintenance tasks including coil
cleaning, filter and belt changes, lubricating bearings/motors,
operational tests comprised of checking voltages using meter,
amperages and refrigerant pressures and any other necessary tasks
to keep HVAC and mechanical systems operating as designed.
- Interacts with internal customers, contractors, suppliers, and
engineers to exchange information to ensure systems run at peak
conditions and identify end of life equipment for budgeting
- Keeps detailed records of assignments, work activities and
required equipment maintenance history in Computerized Maintenance
- Uses tools, such as common hand and power tools - hammers,
hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches, precision measuring
instruments, electrical and electronic testing devices, refrigerant
gauges, oxy-acetylene torch rigs, vacuum pumps, refrigerant
recovery systems and other tools necessary to perform job
- Reviews and analyzes mechanical and electrical schematic
drawings to determine work to be performed, and/or evaluate work
- Must have PC skills and be knowledgeable in Microsoft Windows
and Office applications.
- Assist with site equipment audits to ensure CMMS represents all
- Ability to be on-call after normal hours and work varying
shifts with possible overtime and holidays.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions with exposure to
noise and fumes.
- Requires ability to work under conditions that may be
physically uncomfortable or dangerous.
- Capable of extremely high standards of customer service and the
technical capability to grow and maintain a telecommunications
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities.
- Ability to prioritize with good time management skills.
- May be required to wear safety glasses, safety shoes,
protective gloves, and other personal protective equipment.
- May utilize pallet jacks, two-wheeled carts, hand trucks,
- Ability to travel up to 30% of time. What We Look For in a
- High School/GED with 1 to 2 years as HVAC Technician, working
towards getting Universal certification with
- Field of Study: Technical/Trade School with HVAC/R or 1-3 years
- EPA certification.
- Regular and consistent attendance is an essential function of
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be
occasionally required to stand; walk; to handle, feel or operate
objects, tools, or controls.
- The employee may be occasionally required to sit, climb,
balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move from 25 to 100
- Climb ladders, enter crawl spaces, exertion of force,
manipulation of hand and/or foot controls.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perceptions and the ability to adjust focus. In addition, the
position may require frequent movement and activity relating to
using keyboards, viewing data on computer displays, and
communicating verbally and in writing to the needs of others.
- Required to possess a valid driver's license and satisfactory
- Working Conditions: work is occasionally performed in building
settings. Outdoor work is required in the inspection of buried
cable, construction sites, field facilities. Performance of the
position requires working safely and may require working outdoors
in all weather conditions, all noise levels, hazardous conditions,
and on the full range of outdoor work surfaces.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Requisition #: 328658 When applying for a position, you may be
subject to a background screen (criminal records check, motor
vehicle report, and/or drug screen), depending on the requirements
for the position. More information on what's included in these
checks can be found in the Post Offer section of our FAQ page.
Job-related concerns noted in the background screen may disqualify
you from the new position or your current role. Background results
will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. EEO Statement
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all
persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national
origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic
characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, marital status, family status,
pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively,
"protected statuses"). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination
in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring,
compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job
assignments or training. Disclaimer
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate
the general nature and level of work performed by employees within
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change
based on changing business needs and conditions. Salary Range
Salary Min : 43830 Salary Max : 97560 This information reflects the
anticipated base salary range for this position based on current
national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location.
Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant
factors. This position is eligible for either short-term incentives
or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible
for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure,
you can view additional information here. We're able to answer any
additional questions you may have as you move through the selection
process. As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen
offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other
benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional
and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here. Note:
For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed
by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.
Keywords: Lumen Technologies, Southfield , HVAC Mechanic I - Southfield, MI, Professions , Southfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!