Electrician - Healthcare
Company: Ascension Health
Posted on: January 23, 2023
DetailsElectrician - HealthcareDepartment: Plant
OperationsSchedule: Full Time - 40 hr/week -Day ShiftHospital:
Ascension Providence Park HospitalLocation: Southfield,
MIBenefitsPaid time off (PTO)Various health insurance options &
wellness plansRetirement benefits including employer match
plansLong-term & short-term disabilityEmployee assistance programs
(EAP)Parental leave & adoption assistanceTuition reimbursementWays
to give back to your community*Please note, benefits and benefits
eligibility can vary by position, exclusions may apply for some
roles (for example: PRN, Short-Term Option, etc.). Connect with
your Talent Advisor today for additional
specifics.ResponsibilitiesPerform routine and complex inspection,
maintenance, repair, alteration and installation of hospital
electrical systems equipment, fixtures and appliances in compliance
with local, state, and national codes.
- Demonstrate personal commitment to the organizations core
values through active involvement in the quality improvement
- Demonstrate safe work practices and attitudes, follow safety
rules, work to prevent unsafe conditions and behaviors, and
participate in organizational and departmental safety
- Perform preventive maintenance on motors, transformers,
emergency generators, fire alarm systems, pumps, and other
electrical and electronic equipment on a regularly scheduled
- Respond to electrical trouble calls throughout the
- Inspect and test all electrical systems and related electrical
components, such as those associated with heating, cooling, power,
lighting, and communications within the hospital, requiring the
ability to read blueprints, diagrams, and equipment specifications.
Use testing instruments, such as voltmeters, ohmmeters, amp meters,
- Install, repair, alter, or replace electrical circuits and
equipment, such as centrifuges, motors, intercom units,
microphones, switches, wiring panels, projectors, recorders, and
- Design, fabricate, and install specialized electrical devices
as required or requested.
- Read, interpret, and/or prepare blueprints, diagrams, and job
- Estimate and/or calculate time, materials, and costs required
for alterations, repairs, and installations.
- Prepare monthly order lists for electrical supplies, equipment,
and tools to maintain stockroom inventory, and for articles
required for new or specialized construction and repairs.
- Assign work to and oversee the work of assigned Maintenance
Mechanics I and II.
- Prepare regular and periodic statistics and reports regarding
safety inspections conducted, progress or completion of work
assignments and projects; submit reports to supervisor.
- Perform miscellaneous duties not related to electric as
required or as assigned.
- Perform all other duties and projects as assigned.
- Specific Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills
consistent with mission and values.
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills necessary to interact
effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrate ability to concentrate and pay close attention to
detail while performing tasks.
- Demonstrate ability to read, write and understand written and
verbal communications. Demonstrate ability to perform basic math
functions including addition, subtraction and multiplication.
- Demonstrate ability to walk and stand approximately 90% of work
time, often lifting and positioningequipment and devices up to 60
lbs.RequirementsLicensure / Certification / Registration:
- Journeyman I License required.Education:
- High School graduate or equivalent required.
- Electrical training through on-the-job experience, trade school
or military required.Work Experience:
- Four years experience in electrical work after receipt of
journeyman license or a total of eight years experience
required.Additional PreferencesHospitial experience preferredWe
recognize that our workforce should reflect and celebrate the
diversity of the communities we serve. We provide a workplace based
on respect and inclusion for all associates.Why Join Our
TeamAscension Michigan operates 16 hospitals and more than 300
related healthcare facilities that together employ nearly 23,000
compassionate associates. When you join our care teams, you join a
team dedicated to providing spiritually centered, holistic care
which sustains and improves the health of the communities we serve
throughout Michigan.Ascension is a leading non-profit, faith-based
national health system made up of over 150,000 associates and 2,600
sites of care, including more than 140 hospitals and 40 senior
living communities in 19 states.Our Mission, Vision and Values
encompass everything we do at Ascension. Every associate is
empowered to give back, volunteer and make a positive impact in
their community. Ascension careers are more than jobs; they are
opportunities to enhance your life and the lives of the people
around you.Equal Employment Opportunity EmployerAscension will
provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and
applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion,
national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identification or expression, age, disability, marital status,
amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally
protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with
applicable federal, state and local laws. For further information,
view the EEO Know Your Rights (English)
poster or EEO Know Your Rights (Spanish)
poster. Pay Non-Discrimination Notice
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
from applicants. This employer participates in the Electronic
Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link
below for more information.E-Verify
Keywords: Ascension Health, Southfield , Electrician - Healthcare, Professions , Southfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!