Area Loss Prevention Manager
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Store - DET-SOUTHFIELD, MIWe're here for the Makers! Come be a
part of the team where innovation and teamwork come together to
support the most exciting missions in the world! Michaels is an
Equal Opportunity Employer. We are here for all Team Members and
all Makers to create, innovate and be better together. To review a
comprehensive list of benefits, please visit Michaels Benefits CO,
CT and NYC only -To review pay ranges for the position you are
applying for, please visit Michaels Pay Ranges - CO, CT and NYC
only The Area Loss Prevention Manager ensures shrinkage control and
improves safety in the stores through proper investigation and
training. This position is responsible to provide feedback,
guidance and protection for our Stores and Team Members. The role
has responsibility for approximately 25-40 stores. Store
- Tour stores and coach in the moment to drive shrink reduction
- Coaches Team Members and advises Store/District management
teams when opportunities are noted.
- Coaches Team Members on keeping work areas and sales floor free
of hazards to protect customers and Team Members from
- Regularly analyzes and reviews incident trends to advise store
management of action steps that can be used to prevent future
- Walk the sales floor to identify merchandise protection
opportunities that deviate from company standards.
- Reduce accident frequency rates of both GL and WC claims by
implementing company and store specific programs. Conduct training
sessions as necessary to facilitate compliance to Michael's
programs. Internal & ORC Investigations:
- Proactively identify potential acts of theft and fraud by
observing Team Member and customer activity and reviewing exception
- Aggressively investigate suspicious behavior (collects
intelligence, document behavior, etc.).
- Interview Team Members suspected of theft or fraud in
accordance with company policies and properly documents all
- Review and ensure all Loss Prevention documentation is
complete, accurate and is maintained to the policies of the
- Communicate photo alerts to Team Members and partners with
other locations/retailers to identify ORC groups and patterns.
- Take direction from Zone Loss Prevention Manager to gather
evidence on ORC and external fraud.
- Attend hearings as required and update appropriate files with
- Maintain a relationship with local law enforcement. Minimum
- High School Degree
Minimum Type of experience the job
- At least 3 years Loss Prevention multi-unit experience Other
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to travel 1/3 of the time
- Previous LP retail experience with LP interview training
(Wicklander-Zulowski certification is strongly preferred) Preferred
- Bachelor's Degree Applicants in the U.S. must satisfy federal,
state, and local legal requirements of the job.
Keywords: Michaels, Southfield , Area Loss Prevention Manager, Professions , Southfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!