Maintenance Technician Supervisor
Posted on: July 31, 2022
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28
owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, the CBS News
Streaming Network, CBS News Streaming local platforms, local
websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations
is home to the nation's #1 news program 60 MINUTES, the CBS News
Streaming Network, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network,
the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING,
the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH O'DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS
WEEKEND EVENING NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET
BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations provides news and information for
the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and
podcasts, Paramount +, all digital platforms, and the CBS News
Streaming Network, the premier 24/7 anchored streaming news service
that is available free to everyone with access to the internet. The
CBS News Streaming Network is the destination for breaking news,
live events, original reporting and storytelling, and programs from
CBS News and Stations' top anchors and correspondents working
locally, nationally and around the globe. CBS News' streaming
services, across national and local, amassed more than 1.01 billion
streams in 2021. Launched in November 2014 as CBSN, the CBS News
Streaming Network is available on 30 digital platforms and apps, as
well as CBSNews.com and Paramount+. The service is available live
in 91 countries. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing
the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and
continues to set in today's digital age. CBS News earns more
prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast news
division. CBS 62 (WWJ-TV) and CW50 (WKBD-TV), the CBS News and
Stations owned & operated in the #15 television market in Detroit,
is seeking a Broadcast Maintenance Supervisor to join our growing
CBS Detroit Engineering Team. The ideal candidate will demonstrate
the ability to manage, document and execute projects and other
tasks in a demanding live-streaming and broadcast environment. The
person will be directly responsible for supervising the
installation, operation and maintenance of studio and field
equipment. A strong background in and understanding of television
engineering systems is required, including analog and digital audio
and video, IT systems and IT-based broadcast television systems.
The position serves as the resource person for planning of projects
and special events, will be a partner with the Director of
Engineering, and be skilled in leadership, problem resolution,
management of large-scale projects, and associated operating and
capital budgets. Job responsibilities:
- Directly manage, support, and oversee broadcast maintenance
engineers and other technical staff.
- Work together as a team with department personnel to achieve
goals and to ensure reliable and efficient operations.
- Exhibit a good working knowledge of television and IT systems
maintenance, as well as FCC rules, regulations, and licensing.
- Cultivate vendor and supplier sales and support contacts. Be
familiar with purchasing procedures.
- Work closely with the Director of Information Technology to
support IT infrastructure, IP-based production workflows, and
- Manage implementation of large, detailed capital projects.
- Maintain engineering documents, records, data bases and
- Ability to adapt to multiple, sometimes changing priorities and
follow through until successful resolution.
- Show judgment and ability to effectively handle complex issues
under pressure or during emergency situations.
- Other duties and responsibilities as may become necessary from
time to time. Experience and qualifications:
- Five years in television broadcast operations and maintenance,
or military equivalent.
- Three years of supervisory experience preferred.
- Technical configuration experience with production switchers,
video systems and automation.
- Experience in broadcast television transmission and RF systems
at VHF, UHF and microwave frequencies is desirable.
- Familiarity with studio production workflows and experience
working on live production crews. Ability to learn to fill
production operational positions (video switching, audio mixing,
electronic graphics, camera, studio, etc) as needed.
- Knowledge of studio staging and lighting.
- Computer literacy is required, including knowledge of computer
operating systems, engineering applications, and networking and
- The ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing is
essential. AutoCAD proficiency is desirable.
- Have the ability to answer questions from the general public
about reception issues.
- Display a high level of initiative, effort, and commitment
towards completing assignments efficiently. Work with minimal
supervision and demonstrate responsible behavior and attention to
- Experience working in a union environment is beneficial. The
successful candidate will be a member of Local Union 58 of the
International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers and is covered by
the bargaining unit contract agreement.
- Membership in one or more professional societies related to
broadcast engineering, such as the Society of Broadcast Engineers,
the Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers, the
Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, or the Audio
- Society of Broadcast Engineers certification at the Certified
Broadcast Television Engineer level or above is required at hire or
within one year.
- Ability to perform nominal physical activity associated with
equipment installation and maintenance.
- A valid driver's license is required. Education
- High school diploma is required.
- Two- or four-year post-secondary or trade school education in a
related field, or corresponding military experience and training,
is desirable. The position is located in suburban Detroit and
in-person attendance is required. The successful candidate will
relocate to the Southeast Michigan environs if not already residing
therein. Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including
disability/vet. At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into
everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and
movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact
outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access,
resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of
all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is
an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal
employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity,
ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual
orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability,
gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status. If you are
a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you
may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited
in your ability to use or access. as a result of your disability.
You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500
or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only
messages left for this purpose will be returned. This employer is a
corporate member of
myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+
students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace
Keywords: myGwork, Southfield , Maintenance Technician Supervisor, Professions , Southfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!