Quality Assurance Analyst
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Remote work position, but local Metro Detroit candidares
preferred. 12 month contract. What you ll do In this role on
AlixPartners Technology Project Management Office and Data Insight
& Analytics teams, you will work with IT project teams to plan and
execute QA activities. The Quality Assurance team is responsible
for understanding business processes, systems/applications, testing
protocols, and requirements/intended functionality for new
projects. Known internally as Independent Contractor - Corporate
Applications Development & Platform Support Quality Assurance
Senior Analyst, this is a contract role located in Southfield, MI
and reports to the Corporate Applications Development & Platform
Support Quality Assurance Manager. Paid relocation is not
- Support in-house development teams and vendor software
implementations, providing quality assurance services for projects
by successfully interfacing with application and data analytics
focused project team members, business stakeholders and Data
- Provide quality assurance services validating application
integrations, application functionality and data requirements and
- Elicit, document, and differentiate testing and validation of
business requirements, functional requirements, non-functional
requirements, use cases and/or features, epics, and user stories /
- Develop test plans, test data, test cases and/or test scripts
and execute against functional and non-functional requirements and
user stories / acceptance criteria.
- Report defects including steps and data necessary to
- Cleanse, validate, and map data by running queries, joining
- Establish traceability from test cases back through business /
- Collaborate on the development of testing standards, processes,
and tools utilized during the testing phase of software project
- Contribute to supply management and resourcing decisions for
projects and programs by providing estimates at various stages in
the project delivery process.
- Collaborate on the evaluation of vendors and the development of
new system requirements in support of quality assurance functions
and/or QA steps in the software testing lifecycle.
- Perform functional testing in pre-production environments and
smoke-testing to validate production installations.
- Support User Acceptance Testing.
- Support migration from waterfall to agile.
- Assist in developing data quality metrics reports to validate
data for accuracy.
- Additional responsibilities as identified. This description is
not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required
activities, duties, or responsibilities. What you ll need
- A degree in Information Systems (IS) or a related field is
preferred; experience may be considered in lieu of education.
- Minimum five (5) years of professional experience in an
- Minimum three (3) years of quality assurance experience,
including test case planning, preparation, execution, defect
tracking and reporting.
- Ability to translate functional requirements into detailed test
cases for new development and enhancements to existing
- Experience identifying and administering required test
- Experience testing web applications on various browsers and iOS
devices (iPhone/iPad) and testing data using database management
tools and validating data conversions from one system to
- Experience writing SQL, MsSQL, and Oracle test queries for data
setup, validation, and conversion as well as for test execution and
- Experience in Oracle ERP solutions including HR, ESS,
Performance and Talent is a plus.
- Experience developing test plans & cases to validate Power BI
reports, including functional testing, data validation, and
- Must have a good understanding of data management and data
- Experience validating ETL solutions is a plus.
- Experience in quality assurance operating in both waterfall and
- Must be process and detail oriented, while also able to
understand the big picture.
- Must be a proactive, self-starter with the ability to
multi-task and prioritize while meeting deadlines.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with the
ability to present to stakeholders at all levels.
- Proficient with MS Office tools, and test case and defect
management tools; Advanced Excel skills to create macros, pivot
tables, find/replace, lookups and formulas to consolidate
- Must become familiar with, and promote and abide by, all Firm
values as defined by the AlixPartners Code of Conduct and in terms
of Ethics, Diversity, and Inclusion
- Ability to work full time in an office and remote environment;
physically able to sit/stand at a computer and work in front of a
computer screen for significant portions of the workday
Keywords: eSolutionsFirst, Southfield , Quality Assurance Analyst, Professions , Southfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!