Stationary Eqp Operator
Company: Republic Services
Posted on: November 10, 2019
POSITION SUMMARY:-- The Stationary Equipment Operator is
responsible for the safe operation of stationary equipment at a
recycling facility, hauling/collections locations or transfer
station for the purpose of transferring, loading and/or compacting
waste or other materials in an efficient and safe manner.
- Perform pre- and post-operation inspection of the equipment in
accordance with Company policy to ensure windows, lights, mirrors
and rear view camera are clean.-- Safely and efficiently operate
equipment that may include:-- forklift, excavator, bulldozer,
front-end loader, sweeper or baler and other stationary equipment
using proper safety standards.
- Continuously monitor waste or other materials for evidence of
- Identify and deposit waste or other materials into appropriate
piles and stock baled trash.
- Load the transfer truck with a front-end loader and ensure
complete capacity by packing down waste with bucket; regulate
tonnage into the transfer trailer.
- Continuously observe packed waste/materials for signs of
hazards, including smoldering, fire, etc.
- Continuously monitor the condition of the equipment to ensure
it is operationally ready at all times to minimize down time; clean
tracks or wheels on equipment, as needed.
- Perform and document minor service on equipment, referring more
complicated mechanical issues to Maintenance Shop for repair.
- Complete Equipment Condition Report and other reports, as
necessary; report any necessary repairs to supervisor, as
- Follow all required safety policies and procedures.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in heavy equipment
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working at sites regulated by
- Valid certificate(s) of training and applicable licenses for
operation of equipment, as required.
- Good customer services skills to meet and exceed customer
expectations; acts in a professional, courteous and cooperative
manner toward customers and co-workers; works with a sense of
honesty and trustworthiness.
- Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities
are completed in an efficient and safe manner.
- Good follow through ability; ability to adhere to work schedule
and follows through on challenges as they arise.
- Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules set forth;
promotes the Company?s safety standards; does not take
inappropriate risks. Maintains a feeling of pride in work; strives
to achieve all goals.Republic Services is an equal opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age,
disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general
nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this
position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive
list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an
incumbent so classified.-- Furthermore, they do not establish a
contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion
of the Company.
Republic Services, Inc. is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and
waste services. Through its subsidiaries, Republic---s collection
companies, transfer stations, recycling centers and landfills focus
on providing reliable environmental services and solutions for 14
million commercial, industrial, municipal and residential
customers.Each day, Republic empowers more than 31,000 exceptional
employees to do their best work. The Company takes pride in the
commitment to the safety of employees and communities; customer
engagement; environmental stewardship and sustainable practices;
community involvement, and innovation in all aspects of its
business operations. Republic strives to be an employer of choice
for top talent and works to create and maintain an environment that
attracts, develops and retains people who are aligned to serve
customers and preserve the planet.
Keywords: Republic Services, Southfield , Stationary Eqp Operator, Other , Southfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!