Analytics, Predictive Modeling Expert
Company: Credit Acceptance Corporation
Posted on: November 6, 2018
Analytics, Predictive Modeling Expert
Why Work For Credit Acceptance?
Credit Acceptance is a rapidly-expanding company with extensive growth opportunities. We are proud to say, for the 5th year in a row, we have been named one of Fortune Magazine's 100 Best Companies to Work For. Our team members and culture create a positive workplace that drives us to succeed, making Credit Acceptance one of the largest used car finance companies nationally.
We offer a great work environment, awesome team members, competitive benefits, progressive career opportunities, a casual dress code and we work hard to ensure every team member is empowered to work to their fullest potential.
We are hiring a Predictive Modeling Expert within our Analytics Department.
- As a Predictive Modeler, you will be expected to be a hands-on developer. The department is responsible for the development of statistical models that drive many of the company's processes (such as origination, servicing, and finance). Examples of models include (but are not limited to) credit risk scorecard, behavior scorecards, collections models, statistical forecasts, resource allocation, etc.
Responsibilities in your area will include:
- Develop statistical models such as:
- Origination and credit risk scorecards
- Behavior and collection scorecards
- Resource allocation models
- Test and implement models and data infrastructure used to execute strategy
- Actively monitor the performance of models in production
- Develop complex programming to extract and manipulate data
- Perform analysis to solve business problems and drive better decisions
- Translate high level business goals into the tasks and technical specifications needed to accomplish the goal
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Level of experience developing predictive models determines specific position eligibility:
- 1+ years' of experience developing predictive models (Mid Level)
- 3+ years' of experience developing predictive models (Senior Level)
- 5+ years' of experience developing predictive models (Manager Level)
- 6+ years' of experience including at least 3 years as a Manager or equivalent (Senior Manager Level)
- 7+ years' of experience including at least 3 years as a Sr. Manager or equivalent.(Director Level)
- At least 1+ years' experience with SAS and SQL
- Experience in the consumer lending industry, with some preference given to automobile finance experience
- Recent small company experience
- Experience developing credit scorecards or collection scores
Knowledge and Skills:
- Have knowledge of modeling tools and methods, such as logistic regression
- Able to apply analytical skills to solve problems creatively
- Act promptly and effectively when assigned tasks
- Able to communicate complex information to others in a way they can understand
- Work well with others in a team environment
- Be proactive and make recommendations as opportunities arise
- Self-motivated and able to perform with minimal supervision
To be successful in this role, Team Members need to demonstrate the characteristics of PRIDE in their work:
- Positive: Maintain a positive attitude by focusing on solutions and promoting a collaborative and enjoyable environment.
- Respectful: Value teamwork, share successes, appreciates others and communicates in a way that promotes trust.
- Insightful: Make timely well-considered decisions, create innovative solutions and continuously learn.
- Direct: Communicate clearly and objectively; don't be afraid of difficult conversations. Raise concerns through the proper channels.
- Earnest: Be honest, sincere and consistent. Work hard and pursue our goals together relentlessly.
Targeted Compensation: Please contact the recruiter for additional information.
Keywords: Credit Acceptance Corporation, Southfield , Analytics, Predictive Modeling Expert, Other , Southfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!