Company: Credit Acceptance Corporation
Posted on: October 6, 2018
Credit Acceptance is quickly growing and we have a variety of opportunities. Working directly with consumers and contractors, our team members specialize in various segments of the contract life cycle to achieve the highest levels of performance. Leadership is committed to providing career growth opportunities to our team members and we are proud of our record of promoting from within. Our flexible schedule, relaxed work environment and culture of having fun make this a Great Place to Work.
The purpose of the Title Clerk position is to:
- Accurately document receipt of titles and file and store titles upon receipt from State DMVs or Dealers.
- Professionally and respectfully communicate with internal customers to obtain needed documents or information necessary to understand their needs.
- Identify errors on titles and escalate when appropriate.
- Distribute titles to Title Specialists when requested.
- Assist with processing title paperwork when needed.
- Support teams within the department as needed/requested.
Outcomes & Activities:
- Process titles received via mail and fax by accurately data-entering title information into our system.
- Escalate title change requests to Title Specialists.
- Accurately store and organize physical titles in the title room
- Pull titles requested by internal departments and provide to Title Specialists for proper distribution.
- Ensure any roadblocks preventing the team from meeting standards of service are identified and escalated to leadership.
- Adhere to Policies/Processes: You will need to remain compliant with our policies, processes and legal guidelines.
- Receive and Act Upon Feedback: You will need to be open to ongoing feedback aimed at improving performance.
- Attendance as outlined in the department attendance policy.
- You need to be able to display high levels of attention to detail to ensure work is processed accurately and proper documentations of accounts.
- You need to be able to show flexibility in addressing the highest priority, time sensitive issues as they are identified by the leadership and ensure business needs are always met.
- You need to be able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Remain compliant with our policies, processes and legal guidelines.
- High school diploma.
- Experience in any position where you had to efficiently and accurately complete forms and/or data entry.
- Experience in the finance or automotive industry.
- Experience with vehicle titles.
- Flexible : Monday - Friday, 8 hour shift from 7am-7pm
Knowledge and Skills:
- You need to be able to manage your time effectively to complete work tasks in a timely manner.
- You need to be an active listener and be adaptable in providing ongoing feedback.
- You need to be organized, show high levels of attention to detail and capable of meeting all deadlines.
- You need to remain positive, professional, determined, calm and focused when faced with challenging situations.
- You need to be a quick thinker, with an ability to understand and interpret information promptly and effectively.
- You need to be self-driven, motivated to help, and able to perform with minimal supervision in a team environment.
Company Values: To be successful in this role, Team Members need to demonstrate the characteristics of in their work:
- Positive: Maintain a positive attitude by focusing on solutions and promoting a collaborative and enjoyable environment.
- Respectful: Value teamwork, share successes, appreciates others and communicates in a way that promotes trust.
- Insightful: Make timely well considered decisions, create innovative solutions and continuously learn.
- Direct: Communicate clearly and objectively; don't be afraid of difficult conversations. Raise concerns through the proper channels.
- Earnest: Be honest, sincere and consistent. Work hard and pursue our goals together relentlessly.
FLSA Classification Status:
Targeted Compensation: $13.40/hour
Keywords: Credit Acceptance Corporation, Southfield , Title Clerk, Other , Southfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!