Product Specialist - Air Suspension
Posted on: February 12, 2024
Tenneco is one of the world's leading designer, manufacturers
and marketers of automotive products for original equipment and
aftermarket customers, with approximately 78.000 team members
working at more than 300 sites worldwide. Through our four business
groups, Motorparts, Ride Performance, Clean Air and Powertrain,
Tenneco is driving advancements in global mobility by delivering
technology solutions for diversified global markets, including
light vehicle, commercial truck, off-highway, industrial,
motorsport and the aftermarket.
Tenneco is one of the world's leading designers, manufacturers, and
marketers of automotive products for original equipment and
aftermarket customers, with full year 2021 revenues of $18 billion
and approximately 71,000 team members working at more than 260
sites worldwide. Through our four business groups, Motorparts,
Performance Solutions, Clean Air and Powertrain, Tenneco is driving
advancements in global mobility by delivering technology solutions
for diversified global markets, including light vehicle, commercial
truck, off-highway, industrial, motorsport and the aftermarket.
We are looking for a Product Analyst for our North American
Suspension team. This role reports to a Product Manager. The
Product Analyst will support the Product Manager in all aspects of
the role. Day-to-day responsibility for assisting with New Part
Introduction (NPI) including creating, progressing and completing
NPI projects in timely and high-quality way. They will provide
detailed analysis, review and maintenance of product offering
within the aftermarket gasket category.
The team is ready to act immediately on those candidates who are
the best fit for the role. You'll first hear from someone in Human
Resources to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will
be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves
on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of
transparency and prompt communication throughout.
- Assist with and respond to product inquiries submitted by sales
personnel and customers.
- Perform research of the OE and aftermarket competitors'
catalogues, interchanges, pricing, and component information to
support gap analysis and new part additions for passenger car and
- Responsible for accuracy and completeness of application and
- Acquisition of all necessary technical/application data for new
- Liaison with the Purchasing Dept and both internal and external
suppliers as appropriate for new product introduction.
- Management of monthly part load file and master part
- Preparation of new product & product support material,
including bulletins, or other product information and supply to
field marketing teams.
- Assist with the management of products throughout all stages of
product life cycle, from opportunity identification, development
and release, to post-release activities including stock category
changes and deletions.
- Assist with re-sourcing activities as appropriate to ensure
competitive cost base.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in business disciplines or equivalent
Skills & Experience:
- Personal interest in automotive repair / Automotive industry
and a good level of vehicle/engine knowledge preferred.
- Experience in product marketing functions or a similar product
related environment, ideally from an automotive or replacement
- Excellent computer and analytical skills with thorough
knowledge of MS Office, especially Excel.
- Experience and proficiency using SAP systems preferred.
- Ability to respond to and meet critical deadlines.
- Good communication skills both oral and written.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability.
Keywords: Tenneco, Southfield , Product Specialist - Air Suspension, Other , Southfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!