New Accounts Associate - SF
Company: Raymond James Financial
Posted on: November 22, 2021
New Accounts Associate - SF-2101442DescriptionJob SummaryRaymond
James has always been a different kind of financial services firm,
embracing long-term planning, valuing methodical decision-making
and remaining focused on what matters most: People.We put clients
first. If we do what's right for our clients, the firm will do well
and we'll all benefit.The New Accounts Service Associate puts the
Raymond James Service First motto into action on a daily basis by
providing front line service support to our branch personnel with
an emphasis on providing complete and accurate solutions. In that
moment when the phone rings, the goal of every New Accounts Service
Associate is to embody the mission of the firm. If you love to help
people, and service is a passion, this role might be just what you
are looking for. The ideal associate loves receiving calls from our
branch personnel, answering their questions, providing education to
them, and is excited for the opportunity that the next phone call
brings. Every service associate works both independently and within
a team environment to achieve world class customer
service.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Energetically answers a high volume of phone calls with a
smile, care, passion, and a focus on client needs.
- Accurately and efficiently diagnoses questions and issues and
crafts client focused solutions.
- Provides education to branch personnel related to account
opening and maintenance.
- Follows daily schedule accurately to ensure the success of the
department in meeting our Service Level Agreements.
- Establishes new client accounts by utilizing industry
- Processes documents accounts to meet industry policies and
regulations, including Anti Money Laundering and Know Your
- Reviews standard issues, analyzes and interprets data and
determines appropriate corrective action.
- Processes various basic department related reports and contacts
FA's and SA's to resolve account issues.
- Supports and complies with established policies and procedures.
May recommend suggestions to improve workflows, policies and
- Acts as a mentor and champion of Service First culture to to
less experienced associates.
- Participates in a high learning culture where on-the-job
training is prevalent.
- Reviews daily tasks for accuracy and completeness. Maintains
detailed records/notes to ensure all client requests are logged and
completed in a timely fashion.
- Assists other areas of the department with various functions
when volume is high and/or staffing levels are low.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as
assigned.QualificationsKnowledge, Skills, and AbilitiesKnowledge of
- Operations and New Account systems.
- Basic customer operations and the financial industry.
- Basic accounting concepts and principles.
- Basic investment concepts, practices and procedures used in the
securities industry and as required New AccountsSkill in
- Detail orientation and flexibility sufficient to handle high
volume of phone calls requiring quick analytical and supportive
- Interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
sufficient to interact with associates at all levels of the
organization as well as financial advisors and branch
- Identifying and resolving operational issues.
- Numerical aptitude and critical thinking sufficient to solve
- Analyzing operational processes and identifying opportunities
- Operating standard office equipment and using required software
applications to produce correspondence, reports and electronic
- Adhere to a schedule.
- Work overtime periodically.
- Organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
- Multitask to handle phones and processing.
- Use independent judgment on a variety of issues.
- Work constructively under stress and pressure when faced with
high volume and deadlines.
- Provide courteous, timely service when addressing client issues
- Use good judgment in responding to a variety of client
- Competently analyze and prioritize information to make
- Demonstrate efficiency and flexibility in performing detailed
transactional tasks in a fast-paced work environment with frequent
interruptions and changing priorities.
- Participate in on the job training and other learning
activities to develop knowledge and understanding of FINRA, state
and other regulatory agency rules and regulations regarding client
- Take an active part in the training and development of new
- Review, understand and interpret legal
- High School Degree or equivalent with at least two (2) years of
customer service experience. Experience in a contact center
environment and college degree preferred.
- OR -
- Any equivalent combination of education, experience and/or
training approved by Human Resources.Licenses/Certifications
- None required.Raymond James Guiding BehaviorsAt Raymond James
our associates use five guiding behaviors (Develop, Collaborate,
Decide, Deliver, Improve) to deliver on the firm's core values of
client-first, integrity, independence and a conservative, long-term
view.We expect our associates at all levels to:
- Grow professionally and inspire others to do the same
- Work with and through others to achieve desired outcomes
- Make prompt, pragmatic choices and act with the client in
- Take ownership and hold themselves and others accountable for
delivering results that matter
- Contribute to the continuous evolution of the firmAt Raymond
James - we honor, value, respect the uniqueness, experiences, and
backgrounds of all of our Associates. When associates bring their
best authentic self, our organization, clients and communities
thrive, it is part of our part of our people-first culture. The
Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes all employment
decisions on the basis of merit and business needs.Job
OperationsPrimary Location US-MI-Southfield-SouthfieldOrganization
Operations & AdministrationSchedule Full-timeShift Day JobTravel
Keywords: Raymond James Financial, Southfield , New Accounts Associate - SF, Other , Southfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!