Systems Analyst Sr - Epic Patient Access
Company: Beaumont Hospitals
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Position Title: Senior Systems Analyst - Epic Patient Access
General Summary: Under general direction, formulates and defines
system scope and objectives based on user needs. Devises or
modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering
technology capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of
desired results. Prepares detailed specifications from which
programs will be configured or coded. Analyzes and revises existing
system logic difficulties and documentation as necessary. Competent
to work at the highest technical level of all phases of
applications systems analysis activities. Works collaboratively
with clinical and business owners to provide IT solutions that meet
the needs of the areas involved. Provides mentoring, guidance and
training to less experienced analysts.
- Participate in all phases of the system development life cycle
including development of use cases, workflows, and evaluation of
- Maintain an understanding of the department tools and
technologies available to plan work at a detailed level and meet
- Mentor and direct the work of IT Analysts and Systems Analysts
including adherence to standards and quality assurance review,
breaking down complex configuration and/or programming assignments
into detailed specifications and providing expert-level assistance
in trouble-shooting application configuration/programming
- Use expert knowledge of technologies and business processes to
provide in depth analysis of application/system and develop
solutions to meet business/customer requirements, compare and
evaluate options and recommend a course of action.
- Write detailed description of users' business needs, program
functions and steps required to develop or modify systems with
- Analyze, design, build, code/configure, test, debug, and
document all activities to support implementing and maintaining
application systems with minimal direction.
- Assist in testing all aspects of a solution including correct
results, integration, data and system integrity.
- Recognize and advise leadership of concerns and/or issues and
provide appropriate follow up to identified issues.
- Create and maintain technical application documentation
including test plans, application architecture diagrams, data
flows, use cases and workflows.
- Participate in training the end users, providing 24 x 7
customer support and assisting colleagues.
- Participate in an on-call rotation to provide off-hours end
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and
work experience required.
- 5+ years of systems analysis experience or work experience in a
similar information technology role; strong understanding of
healthcare business process and technology preferred.
- Epic certification in Cadence, Grand Central, Prelude,
Referrals, RTA, RTE, NOA
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and oral and written
- Demonstrated leadership skills with ability to work effectively
on and lead cross-functional teams
- Ability to develop, document and ensure adherence to technical
- Ability to understand customer requirements and their impact on
technical directions of a solution
- Ability to successfully communicate technical information to
- Ability to maintain professionalism and react to customers
appropriately while exhibiting the highest level of customer
Keywords: Beaumont Hospitals, Southfield , Systems Analyst Sr - Epic Patient Access, Other , Southfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!