Credit Acceptance is proud to be an award-winning company! Our
history of excellence and growth has resulted in many exciting
career opportunities. For the 7th year in a row, we have been named
one of Fortune Magazine's 100 Best Companies to Work For. Our team
members have created a world-class culture that promotes a positive
workplace and drives us to succeed, making us one of the largest
used car finance companies nationally.
Our Support teams work with multiple departments in a dynamic
environment that promotes flexibility and autonomy, while offering
the opportunity to collaborate with a diverse group of
professionals. We work to comply with our company standards, exceed
customer expectations and drive our Great Place to Work culture.
Through the consistent delivery of quality services and
understanding the needs of our business, we develop innovative
improvements as we strive towards our company's Big, Hairy,
The purpose of this Staff Attorney, Litigation Manager position
is to manage a portfolio of litigation, which could include
disputes with consumers, motor vehicle dealers, employees, vendors,
service providers, and other third parties. This will include
assessing new complaints and developing strategy to resolve
Outcomes and Activities:
This position will work from home. At a future date, occasional
planned travel to an office location may be required.
Engage outside counsel and manage their work in accordance with
Resolve pre-litigation disputes involving consumers, motor
vehicle dealers, employees, vendors, service providers, and other
Perform legal research on assigned topics; provide counsel to
the business; and, if necessary, draft Legal Position Papers on
Support additional corporate legal requests
Assess the facts and law applicable to various disputes
Provide clear, concise and accurate guidance to the Company on
how to respond to various disputes
Work closely with outside counsel to achieve the best possible
- Periodic performance feedback from team members throughout the
organization will be sought and will be considered when assessing
Knowledge and Skills:
- Be organized and capable of meeting all deadlines
- Remain positive, professional, determined, calm and focused
when faced with challenging situations
- Be a quick thinker, with an ability to understand and interpret
information promptly and effectively
- Be self-driven, motivated to help and able to perform with
minimal supervision in a team environment
- Be receptive to ongoing feedback aimed at improving your
performance for the purpose of helping the Company achieve its
- Possess and express a positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Communicate clearly to all levels of the organization
- Work independently and in a team environment
- Licensed to practice law, with a minimum of 5 years of law firm
- Excellent professional and academic credentials
- Have hands on litigation experience, including engaging in all
aspects of written discovery, taking and defending depositions,
motion practice, as well as trial or arbitration experience; and
experience working directly with clients
- Have excellent legal research and writing skills, including
familiarity with Westlaw
- Experience in some of the following areas: consumer finance
law; debt collection; credit reporting; the Telephone Consumer
Protection Act; commercial contract litigation; employment law;
immigration law; or, arbitration
Targeted Compensation: Please contact the Recruiter for
This position is not currently open to individuals who require
sponsorship now or in the future to work legally for Credit
Acceptance, such as H-1b / H-4 or F-1 OPT visa holders.
Our Company Values:
To be successful in this role, Team Members need to demonstrate
the characteristics of PRIDE in their work:
- Positive: Maintain a positive attitude by focusing on solutions
and promoting a collaborative and enjoyable environment.
- Respectful: Value teamwork, share successes, appreciates others
and communicates in a way that promotes trust.
- Insightful: Make timely well considered decisions, create
innovative solutions and continuously learn.
- Direct: Communicate clearly and objectively; don't be afraid of
difficult conversations. Raise concerns through the proper
- Earnest: Be honest, sincere and consistent. Work hard and
pursue our goals together relentlessly.
- Remain compliant with our policies processes and legal
- All other duties as assigned
- Attendance as required by department
Does this position align with your career goals? Do you meet the
required qualifications? Do our PRIDE values resonate with you?
Perfect! We want to hear from you.
We understand that your career search may look different than
others. Our hiring team wants to make sure that this would be a fit
not just for us, but for you long term. If you are actively looking
or starting to explore new opportunities, send us your
We have great details around our stats, success, history and
more. We're proud of our culture and are happy to share why - let's
Required degrees must have been earned at institutions of Higher
Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education
Accreditation or equivalent.
Credit Acceptance is dedicated to providing an inclusive
environment for all. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer and value a culturally diverse workforce. We believe in
ensuring all team members demonstrate mutual respect for one
another. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to protected characteristics like age,
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, veteran or disability status.
California Residents: Please click here for the California
Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) notice regarding the personal
information Credit Acceptance may collect from you.