Customer Svc Representative
Company: Beaumont Hospitals
Posted on: May 3, 2021
General Summary: The Customer Service Analyst will be
responsible for customer service inbound and outbound calls.
Documentation within the Business Services Center with our
* Ensure quality and customer service standards are achieved with
every contact, every time.
* Understanding of the revenue cycle and the responsibility and
goals of each area and how they impact the revenue cycle.
* Outbound calling to patients regarding bills.
* Customer service inbound calls, resolving patient issues.
* Setting up payment plans based on set guidelines.
* Documents all necessary elements; reason for call, and action
taken in the electronic medical record per patient revenue
* Apply corrections to patient demographics, charges, adjustments
and payments or when needed forwards to the appropriate department
* Identify and provide communication and education on trends
* Demonstrates working knowledge of all appropriate billing forms,
UB04, 1500 or state specified forms.
* Working knowledge of federal, state, local and intermediary
specific billing requirements to ensure appropriate follow-up is
completed and/or notifies appropriate person of missing or
* Maintains knowledge of methods of billing, laws, or hospital
rules related to patient revenue including but not limited to TCPA,
501R, and FDCPA.
* Identifies and communicates to immediate supervisor any issues
and provides necessary documentation to provide education to the
* Work Independently.
* Organizes work/resources to accomplish objectives and meet
* Maintains a professional image and provides excellent customer
* Attends department meetings and education sessions.
* Meets/exceeds performance expectations within required
* Practices and adheres to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and
Mission and Values statement.
* Supports special projects as requested.
* Adheres to all Beaumont Health Business Services Policies and
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* High School Diploma or GED required.
* Must be detail oriented.
* Strong organizational skills.
* Good communication skills.
* Communication - communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and
* Customer orientation - established and maintains long-term
customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently
meeting and exceeding expectations.
* Interpersonal skills - able to work effectively with other
employees, patients and external parties.
* PC skills - demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office
applications and others as required.
* Policies and Procedures - demonstrates knowledge and
understanding of organizational policies, procedures and
* Basic skills - able to perform basic mathematical calculations,
balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly
and transcribe accurately.
* Technology skills - requires knowledge of computer systems,
operating systems, networks and common software packages available
to support database and spreadsheet applications. General knowledge
of relevant system support and troubleshooting.
Keywords: Beaumont Hospitals, Southfield , Customer Svc Representative, Other , Southfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!