Company: Ciber Global LLC
Posted on: October 12, 2019
Make a difference Ciber Global wants you. Come build new things
with us and advance your career. At Ciber Global you ll collaborate
with experts. You ll join successful teams contributing to our
clients success. You ll work side by side with our clients and have
long-term opportunities to advance their top priorities.Work
Summary:The Applications Manager is responsible for leading and
developing a team of analysts and developers that support business
critical applications. Setting goals, assigning staff, following up
and improving performance both at the team and individual level are
critical to be successful. This position reports to PMO and works
with other IT teams, business leaders, consultants and end users to
set direction and priorities for application initiatives from
concept through implementation and operational support. This role
manages internal personnel and external consultants, provides
leadership and expertise in operational support of large ERP
solutions and strategic vision for future application
investments.This position is both Supervisory and Technical. The
ideal candidate will demonstrate mastery of managing staff and in
applications operational support best practices, concepts and
efficiency. The Applications Manager will have primary
responsibility for setting the strategy and vision for the team.
- Manage day-to-day activities of the business applications
development staff. Holds team accountable for results and develops
the skills and capabilities of staff to meet growing demand.
- Provide broad leadership, functional and technical expertise in
the support and operations of business applications both large and
small, supporting and coordinating the team, providing daily
supervision and technical direction, resolving issues, and
fostering an environment of continuous improvement.
- Develop an applications strategy and roadmap for the business
- Assesses legacy applications for replacement and sets the
strategic direction for tools and technologies for applications
- Be knowledgeable in aspects of applications development
processes, technologies and architectures such as, but not limited
- Application development methodologies for software development
such as Waterfall and Agile.
- Data Warehouse and business intelligence solutions such as SAP
- Business Analysis techniques for requirements definition
including use case modeling.
- Security considerations for applications development in a
regulated environment (ITAR,HIPAA)
- Relevant related areas such as data quality, master data
management, metadata management, collaboration and business process
- Design of data validation and software quality assurance
methodologies for business applications.
- Mastery of operational support of applications and ERP
- Serve as a highest escalation point for any day to day
- Responsible for maintenance and update of applications
- Provide Global Leadership to ensure local consistency of SAP
- Minimum 7 years of experience in leading a team of 10 or more
in support of software application and ERP solutions in a large
enterprise. Must demonstrate the ability to improve performance of
the team and develop staff to their fullest potential.
- Mastery in implementation and operational support of large ERP
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong leadership skills with a proactive participative
- Ability to work with senior leadership to create actionable
plans to develop team members.
- Superior written and oral communication skills are essential.
The ability to communicate complex subjects in concise, clear and
- An ability to work collaboratively with other teams, always
projecting a positive outlook in a fast-paced, sometimes stressful
- Strong understanding of human resource management principles,
best practices, and procedures.
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a
high-pressure environment. Required Experience:
- Minimum of 7 years of experience leading/managing a team of at
least 10 or more, supporting Enterprise Resource Planning
- Must demonstrate the ability to improve performance of the team
and develop staff to their fullest potential.
- Bachelors or higher Degree (Computer Science or Management
- ITIL Certification
- Minimum of 10 years overall IT experience.
- Proven experience delivering business applications of
increasing complexity from the departmental level to enterprise
- Proven experience managing a team of programmers, business
analysts and administrators of varying skill levels, including
experience mentoring junior team member.At Ciber Global our
consultants have access to a comprehensive benefits package.
Benefits can include Paid-Time-Off, Paid Holidays, 401K matching,
Life and Accidental Death Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability
Insurance, and a variety of other perks.Ciber Global is an Equal
Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Gender Identity/Sexual
Orientation/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Find
a purpose Help clients embrace emerging technologies. Create
inventive solutions and meet intriguing client challenges. Solve,
fix, design and innovate. Be a part of something bigger by helping
clients go digital, create engaging customer experiences and
transform their business. Move ahead Ciber is helping clients bring
their innovation initiatives to life - come join us and make a
difference! No matter where you are in your career, you can work to
move to the next level. You ll work hand in hand with top-tier
talent and be part of a team focused on the technologies that help
clients compete and win. - provided by Dice
Keywords: Ciber Global LLC, Southfield , Applications Manager, IT / Software / Systems , Southfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!