Software Engineer (FAE)
Company: PRA USA
Posted on: September 12, 2019
Sr. Software Engineer - FAESouthfield, MISummary of the--Sr.
Software Engineer (FAE) Position:Our client is well known for the
development of advanced technology for--power train, hybrid,
stability controls, and other systems. To join their growing team
of software engineers, they are seeking an--Embedded Software Field
Applications Engineer. This Engineer will be supporting them in
managing their software integration and troubleshooting activities.
You will be responsible for presenting the driver software to the
customer and troubleshoot the issues during integration. You will
also design embedded software as necessary to support the design
team, with typical deliverable being test software, embedded
reprogramming kernels, instrumentation measurement/calibration
device drivers, etc.-- Responsibilities of the--Sr. Software
- Provide support to the--software design teams in all the phases
of software development lifecycle which includes--requirements,
design, coding, verification, and validation.
- Release and troubleshoot software issues to the customer sites
and provide on-site support as needed for--software bench and
development vehicle level testing
- Document root cause analysis activities and monitor their
progress to successful conclusion
- Use--software debuggers and apply--basic and advanced debugging
techniques such as--breakpoints, watch windows, and program trace
- Reprogram flash memory with various debug interfaces such as
Aurora, Nexus, JTAG, DAP
- Ensure that requirements are clearly understood by the design
team, support and answer customer questions about--software design,
and release software deliverables to the customer
- Provide support in integration of LLD software features from
design team using proper version control and merge techniques
- Perform Integration testing and system testing as needed by the
Design team and before release to customers.
- Organize regular meetings with the Design team and the
customers to discuss the current status, work progress, issues and
resolution and send the minutes of the meeting to all the
- Understand concept of emulation calibration data memory and
ASAP display table measurements. --Qualifications of the--Sr.
Software Engineer (FAE):
- BS in EE/CE/CS or related technical--area. Masters
- Proficient in software programming such as assembly, Embedded C
or scripting languages
- Knowledge of automotive --component and vehicle test test
procedures including EMI/EMC testing
- 5+ Years of experience in--LLD, embedded C.
- Strong knowledge base in embedded software design
(microprocessor register level), electrical circuits, and vehicle
powertrain systems (particularly with respect to powertrain control
modules, sensors, and actuators).
- Knowledge of using--an ANSI-C compiler; assembler, linker,
makefiles, and related software build tool chain components
and--version control tools such as PVCS, CVS, SVN, etc...
- Experience in using measurement & test equipment such as
Oscilloscopes, Multi-meters, logic analyzer,--current
probes,Function Generators,--T32 and Communication tools such as
CANalyzer or VehicleSpy.
- Ablility to use automotive measurement and calibration tools
such as ETAS INCA or ATI Vision.
- Good with low level drivers such as ADC, PWM, GPIO, timer
modules, SPI, SCI, LIN, CAN-FD, SENT, DMA, external bus interfaces,
memory management units, ECC, flash memory, etc.
- Knowledge of real-time operating systems (RTOS), interrupt
service routines, exception handlers, task scheduling, and
multi-core CPU operation.
- Experience in --ETAS or ATI calibration tools along with real
time OS kernels will be preferred.
- Working knowledge of debuggers and emulation tools, CAN
interface tools and other serial communication interfaces. --
- Knowledge of--Microcontrollers. 32-bit automotive multi-core
micros. Infineon Aurix TCxxx family; Renesas E2x/RH850 family; NXP
- Knowledge of--Microcontroller Hardware. Timers (GTM, TPU, WDT),
Memory (SDRAM, DDRAM, eMMC, FLASH, ECC, DMA), Peripherals
(ETHERNET, CAN, SENT, UART, LIN, SPI), Safety (SMU, FCCU),
- Knowledge of Hardware IC Devices. Character and Block device
drivers, H-Bridge, injection drivers, knock drivers, WRAF drivers,
CAN Transceivers, Etc.
- Experience with--Software Process/Standards such as V-Model,
MISRA, ASPICE, ISO26262 and--Communication Protocols such as--CAN,
CANFD, LIN, SENT, Ethernet. UDS, GMLAN, FNOS, J1939.--
- Experience with design specifications and detailed software
- Knowledge of--Application Domains. Powertrain control ECU,
Basic Software (BSW).
- Experience in tracking and reporting design changes,
coordinating and facilitating multiple projects
- Familiar with crypto algorithms, and cryptographic
- Ability to read schematics, electrical block diagrams, and IC
datasheets Compensation of the--Sr. Software Engineer
(FAE):----Salary : $95,000 - $110,000 / Depending on the experience
and skills set.Location:-- SouthfieldType:-- DirectTravel: As and
when required (Domestic and International) ---Europe, US and Japan
Salary Range: --$-$--Relocation Assistance: --Subject to reviewVisa
Sponsorship: H1B transfers only. NO OPT will be consideredKnowledge
in the following area will be helpful - "Field Application
Engineer", FAE, "software integration", "--embedded software
design", "electrical circuits", "--vehicle powertrain systems",
ANSI,--PVCS, CVS, SVN, CM Synergy, "Rational
ClearCase",--breakpoints, "watch windows", "program
trace",--Aurora, Nexus, JTAG, DAP,----CANalyzer,
VehicleSpy,----ETAS INCA, ATI,--ADC, PWM, GPIO, "timer modules",
SPI, SCI, LIN, CAN-FD, SENT, DMA, "--real-time operating systems",
RTOS,--programming, EMI, EMC, "--electronic control
Keywords: PRA USA, Southfield , Software Engineer (FAE), IT / Software / Systems , Southfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!