Business Object Developer
Company: MPRSoft Inc
Posted on: December 7, 2018
In this critical role of Business Objects Developer on the Corporate Services team, you will be responsible for investigating new technologies, managing applications through the admin console and support dashboards and universes while using Business Objects. Candidate will demonstrate a clear understanding of designing solutions to meet customer demands and be willing to take ownership of problems and work with team members to deliver solutions that meet customer needs. Candidate may be required to evaluate and incorporate other software or databases into customer solutions. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.Key Responsibilities:
- Independently analyze customer needs, document customer requirements, and design technical solutions to meet these needs.
- Manage configurations of Business Objects application using the admin console
- Manage report scheduling, bursting and publications
- Investigate new technology and compare against our current stack to see potential new uses
- Help support Global Dashboards
- Support Universe design and consider needed changes
- Reporting out of a complex data warehouse for accounting/finance/Risk users.
- Design and create user friendly reports for demanding end users.
- Quality assurance testing of reports that have been developed.
- Additional tasks as identified.Qualifications/Requirements:
- Bachelor's or Associate's degree in IT or equivalent preferred; related work may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Minimum 3 years' experience with Business Objects (or related products), preferably in an environment which included a Data Warehouse and/or data mart using a major RDMS (SQL Server and/or Oracle) with a focus on self-service reporting. (Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered).
- Experience managing universe and report changes through environments (development to production).
- Ability to analyze complex problems and business requirements, recommend innovative alternatives and solutions and to implement complex, innovative solutions.
- Able to work independently and under time constraints with verbal or written instructions.
- Exceptional customer service skills, including the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of customers.
- Experience with data warehouses and universes.
- Experience creating and consuming Web Intelligence report (or related product).
- Experience in SQL server and TSQL.
- Experience with troubleshooting non-recurring and performance-related Business Object (or related product) problems.
- Strong written and verbal skills from both business and technical perspectives.
- Experience with/understanding of Accounting/Finance terms and ideas.
- Excellent trouble shooting skills with a penchant to provide high quality work. - provided by Dice Minimum 3 years experience with Business Objects (or related products), preferably in an environment which included a Data Warehouse and/or data mart using a major RDMS (SQL Server and/or Oracle) wit
Keywords: MPRSoft Inc, Southfield , Business Object Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Southfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!