Senior Powertrain Software Engineer
Company: Job Juncture
Posted on: December 6, 2018
Senior Powertrain Software Engineer
Summary of the Senior Powertrain Software Engineer:
Senior level Powertrain Software Engineer is needed to play a vital role in the development of software component design specifications on the basis of software architecture design specification for our client in Michigan. This client is a market leader in developing next generation vehicle technologies for powertrain, hybrid, stability controls, and other related systems. In this position, you will guide and oversee the projects for software coders and testers. you will also participate in code, unit test and functional/integration test reviews. If you have strong experience in writing embedded software in C language along with the knowledge of Microcontrollers, hardware and application domains, then this position is well suited to you.
This is a contract position with a solid possibility of going direct in the future.
Responsibilities of the Senior Powertrain Software Engineer:
- Development of software component design specifications.on the basis of software architecture design specification.
- Oversee and guide the projects of coders and testers.
- Lead and participate in code, unit and functional/integration test reviews.
- Develop software component design and unit test specifications.
- Perform technical impact analysis for software change requests
- Identify technical risks in the design, and develop mitigation strategies
- Develop source code as necessary to maintain program timelines.
- Provide support to develop software requirements and architecture specification.
- Support development of integration test specification sub-sections
- Support source code integration, diff, merge, branching, check-in, etc
- Provide support in unit test and integration test execution
Qualifications of the Senior Powertrain Software Engineer:
- BS in EE/CE, Masters preferred
- At least 5 years of experience in writing embedded software in C with knowledge of Eclipse IDE or similar preferred
- Experience with or knowledge of following tools, equipment, protocols, and domains:
- Microcontrollers: 32-bit automotive multi-core micros. Renesas E2x/RH850 family; Infineon Aurix TCxx family; NXP MPC55xx family.
- Microcontroller Hardware: Timers (GTM,TPU,WDT), Memory (RAM, FLASH, ECC, DMA), Peripherals (ADC,PWM,GPIO,CAN,SENT,UART,LIN,SPI), Safety (SMU, FCCU), etc.
- Hardware IC Devices: High side drivers, low side drivers, H-Bridge, injection drivers, knock drivers, solenoid drivers, WRAF drivers, CAN Transceivers, etc
- Software Design Tools: Requirements modeling, UML modeling, AUTOSAR configuration, RTOS configuration, Application Lifecycle Management (ALM).
- Software Development Tools: Cross compilers, static code analysis, in-circuit debuggers, serial communication tools, HIL systems, measurement & calibration tools.
- Test Equipment: Oscilloscope, multimeter, logic analyzer, current probes, function generator, etc.
- Software Process/Standards: V-Model, MISRA, ASPICE, ISO26262
- Communication Protocols: CAN, CANFD, LIN, SENT, Ethernet. UDS, GMLAN, FNOS, J1939, IEEE15765
- Application Domains: Powertrain, Automatic Transmission Controls, Gasoline Engine Control, Diesel Engine Control, Basic Software (BSW)
- Software Architecture: Basic Software, Low Level Drivers, Board Support Package, Boot Code, BIOS, MCAL
- Familiar with crypto algorithms, and cryptographic authentication method
- Ability to read schematics, electrical block diagrams, and IC datasheets
Compensation of the Senior Powertrain Software Engineer:
Salary Range: $42-55/hr.
Location: Detroit Area
Type: Direct Hire
Travel: As and when required (global locations)
Relocation Assistance: Subject to review
Visa Sponsorship: H1B transfers only. NO OPT will be considered
Knowledge of the following areas will be helpful - Software, design, development, powertrain, component, specification, architecture, code, test, integration, "technical impact analysis", review, "software requirements specification", SRS, "software architecture specification sub-sections", "source code", merge, branching, check-in, embedded, C, C++.,, C##, "Eclipse IDE", Microcontrollers, "Renesas E2x/RH850", "Infineon Aurix TCxx", "NXP MPC55xx", Timers, GTM,TPU,WDT, Memory , RAM, FLASH, ECC, DMA, Peripherals, ADC,PWM,GPIO,CAN,SENT,UART,LIN,SPI, safety, SMU, FCCU, "Hardware IC", driver, "H Bridge", injection, knock, solenoid, WRAF, CAN, requirement, UML, modeling, AUTOSAR, RTOS, "Application Lifecycle Management", ALM, compilers, debuggers, HIL, calibration, Oscilloscope, multimeter, "function generator", V-Model, MISRA, ASPICE, ISO26262, CAN, CANFD, LIN, SENT, Ethernet. UDS, GMLAN, FNOS, J1939, IEEE15765, communication, Powertrain, "Automatic Transmission Controls", "Gasoline Engine Control", "Diesel Engine Control", "Basic Software" BSW, "Boot Code", BIOS, MCAL, "crypto algorithms", "cryptographic authentication", schematics, "electrical block diagrams", IC
Keywords: Job Juncture, Southfield , Senior Powertrain Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Southfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!