Functional Safety Engineer - System Software
Company: Cameron Craig Group
Posted on: November 4, 2018
Functional Safety Engineer - System SoftwareSouthfield, MIJob Summary of the Functional Safety Engineer - System Software:Functional Safety Engineer with experience as a safety analyst in an automotive environment is required to play a vital role in planning of system safety activities for project time schedules for one of our clients in Michigan. This client is a leader in advanced vehicle safety systems and offering offering significant future opportunities to break into new technologies. In this role you will be responsible for conducting safety analyses and to provide feedback and guidance to the engineering design teams for systems, hardware, and software on system safety findings and recommended design changes to improve automotive embedded safety systems.Responsibilities of the Functional Safety Engineer - System Software:
- Plan System Safety Activities with respect to Project Time schedules
- Participate in Safety Analyses of system, subsystem, hardware architectures. Safety Analyses include HARA, DFMEA, FTA, DFA, ETA
- Specify and Document safety concepts and requirements for system architecture including HW and SW aspects
- Communicate to engineering design teams the system safety aspects and communicate what is required to meet specified safety integrity levels
- Review System Test Plans and Specifications to ensure compliance with safety plan with respect to the verification of derived Safety concepts implemented in software domain
- Identify, develop, and review safety requirements, allocated to SW components according to ECU Subsystem architecture design.
- Support requirement traceability/maintenance between ECU subsystem design, HW/SW components, and testing
- Identification of safety critical interfaces (information) from HSIS (Hardware Software Interface Specification)
- Support requirements capturing in Requirements Management tools.
- Interface with Customers regarding the technical safety aspects for the system and support quoting proposalsQualifications of the Functional Safety Engineer - System Software:
- Bachelor's Degree with 2+ years of experience. Degree in Engineering Science is preferred
- Preliminary Hazard Analysis
- Skilled in FTA preferably to the methods of NUREG-0492 and/or IEC 61025
- Skilled in DFMEA preferably to SAE J1739, VDA 4, and/or Mil-std-1629
- Knowledge of Safety requirements analysis at the system, hardware, and software level
- Experience performing the following analysis -
- Dependent Failure Analysis
- Common Cause Analysis
- Freedom From Interference Analysis and
- Impact Safety Analysis
- Maintenance Safety Analysis
- Experience with Failure metrics analysis in accordance with ISO 26262 and/or Safe Failure Fraction in accordance with IEC-61508 will be beneficial
- Experience withFTA and FMEA using computer aided analysis tools such as ITEM Toolkit and IQ FMEA will be beneficial
- Knowledge of Reliability Predictions in accordance with IEC 62380, Mil-Hdbk-217 or Telcordia will be beneficialDesired Background for the Functional Safety Engineer - System Software:
- At least 3 years of experience as a safety analyst in an automotive environment. (Other technical environments such as avionics and military (Mil-Std-882) will be considered)
- Experience with Embedded Electronic Controls systems such as Brake, Airbag, Steering.
- Experience in applying safety according to ISO 26262 standard, or secondly IEC 61508 standard.
- Understanding of embedded Software engineering and Hardware engineering domainsCompensation of the Functional Safety Engineer - System Software:Salary Range: $90,000-120,000/year, depending on experienceLocation: Southfield, MIType: DirectTravel: As and when requiredRelocation Assistance: Subject to reviewVisa Sponsorship: H1B transfers only. NO OPT will be considered?Knowledge of the following areas may be helpful:- "System Safety", Safety, Functional, analyses, system, subsystem, "hardware architectures", HARA, DFMEA, FTA, DFA, ETA, "system architecture", "technical safety", "Hazard Analysis", NUREG-0492, "IEC 61025", "SAE J1739", "VDA 4", Mil-std-1629, "Dependent Failure", "Common cause", "Freedom From Interference", "Maintenance Safety", "Failure metrics", "ISO 26262", "Safe Failure Fraction", IEC, ITEM, "IQ FMEA", IQ, "Reliability Predictions", Mil-Hdbk-217, Telcordia, "Embedded Electronic Controls systems", Brake, Airbag, Steering
Keywords: Cameron Craig Group, Southfield , Functional Safety Engineer - System Software, IT / Software / Systems , Southfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!