Company: Halo Group
Posted on: October 5, 2018
The Network Administrator will focus on improving the stability and performance of the our client's LAN, WAN, WLAN, Firewall/UTM-Unified Threat Management appliances, Load Balancing appliances, ISP services, and other network and communication systems and tools. Responsibilities on these systems include administration and management, operations and support, maintenance, research and development to ensure high availability and continuous operation. Systems Administration:
- Document system designs and architectures using tools such as Microsoft Visio
- Install new/rebuild existing network and security devices (LAN/WLAN/Load Balancing appliance/UTM Appliance) in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration process, procedures and scripts
- Contribute to and maintain system standards
- Contribute to and maintain security posture of the system in accordance with company policies
- Research, recommend and innovative where possible, automated system administration tasksOperations and Support:
- Install and maintain firmware on the operational systems, which includes but is not limited to, HP Network Switches, F5 Load Balancing Appliances, Fortinet Fortigate Appliances, Cisco Routers, Juniper Wireless Controllers
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions
- Perform backup operations of all systems configurations listed above ensuring they are successfully backed as necessary
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request as necessary in various systems (Radius, LYNC, etc.)
- Provide Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies
- Investigate and troubleshoot operational issues
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures
- Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies
- Open support cases with external Vendors (HP, Juniper, F5, Cisco, etc.) when requiredMaintenance:
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities
- Configure/add new services as necessary
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures and documentation
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required
- Coordinate activities of vendors responsible for maintenance of company systems Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science, preferred
- Preferred - Industry recognized technical certification from Cisco, Juniper, HP etc.
- Network engineering experience in LAN/WLAN WAN environment
- Proficient in tasks such as analyzing log files, WireShark trace files and configuration validation/comparison-troubleshooting
- Proven ability to multi-task
- Independent, self-starter
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written correspondence) in a professional and courteous manner with technical and non-technical personnelTechnologies:
- Network based Firewall/UTM (Virtual or HW based) from Fortinet, Juniper, Cisco, Palo Alto etc.
- L2/L3 LAN based switching (Cisco, HP, Juniper, etc.)
- L3 based routing protocols including OSPF, BGP, etc.
- Wireless LAN technologies including Cisco, Juniper, HP, etc.
- WAN design and troubleshooting (MPLS, Point to Point)*Candidates must be local and have authorization to work in the U.S. for any employer. No third parties. - provided by Dice Network Administration/Engineering, Systems Administration, Troubleshooting, LAN/WLAN WAN environment, Network based Firewall/UTM, Cisco, HP, Juniper, Routers, Switches, Firewall, Wireless
Keywords: Halo Group, Southfield , Network Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Southfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!