Hardware Development Engineer - ADAS
Company: Job Juncture
Posted on: September 8, 2018
Hardware Development Engineer - ADAS
Job summary of the Hardware Development Engineer - ADAS:
Electrical Hardware Engineer with a good background in analog and digital electronics is required to play a vital role in the development of the schematics and BOMs for ADAS/autonomous driving technologies. Our this client is a leader in advanced vehicle safety systems and offers significant future opportunities to break into new vehicle safety technologies. If you have experience with analog or digital electronic circuits along with Signal and Power Integrity simulation and testing, then this position is well suited to you.
Responsibilities of the Hardware Development Engineer - ADAS:
- Design analog and digital hardware for next generation ADAS/autonomous driving controls
- Record and maintain the documents such as block diagrams, schematics, manuals, BOMs, and test plans.
- Perform Worst Case, Monte Carlo, Stress/Thermal analysis and bench testing to achieve the quality and performance requirements.
- Perform theoretical circuit block FMEA using PC based FMEA software and perform FMEA verification
- Work With ECAD team to develop a board layout compliant with Manufacturing and EMC requirements.
- Work with Product Assurance team to develop concept and design validation test requirements and plans
- Work with other engineers team such as Mechanical, Validation, Layout, software and Manufacturing engineers etc. for design and development.
- Design and debug the investigations and support development, maintenance, failure analysis, and resolution activities.
- Participate in ECU Design Reviews
Qualifications of the Hardware Development Engineer - ADAS:
- BSEE or BSCE with 3+ years of experience in analog and digital electronic circuits (automotive technologies being a plus).
- A background in circuit-level design, though an engineer with a background in circuit/board-level validation/testing could also be considered.
- Experience in implementation of communication protocol such as CAN, SPI, PSI5, Ethernet, PCIe, USB, DDRx etc.
- Experience with PCB layout, RF/EMI/EMC/ESD mitigation techniques, simulation and power distribution techniques of modern processors
- Experience with Signal and Power Integrity simulation, testing and validating motherboards in the laboratory.
- Experience in testing and validating motherboards in the laboratory
- Skilled in using the software such as Mathcad, Pspice, Matlab, IQ-RM Doors, Altium etc.
- Knowledge of reading component datasheets
- Practical knowledge of using an Oscilloscope, its trigger settings and using various probes to look at signal characteristics.
- Knowledge of the specific tools such as Multimeter, Logic Analyzer, Spectrum Analyzer, Power supplies, Function/Waveform Generator, Communication Simulators
Compensation of the Hardware Development Engineer:
Salary Range: $90,000-110,000/year depending on experience
Location: Southeast MI
Travel: As and when required
Relocation Assistance: Subject to review
Visa Sponsorship: TN visa, Permanent Resident, and US Citizen only. (NO OPT/H1B will be considered)
Knowledge of the following areas will be helpful - Electrical, Hardware ,"block diagrams", schematics, BOM, "Worst Case", "Monte Carlo", stress, thermal, "Bench Testing", FMEA, ECAD, EMC, analog, digital, circuit, automotive, CAN, SPI, PSI5, Ethernet, PCIe, USB, DDRx, RF, EMI, EMC, ESD, signal, power, integrity, simulation, Mathcad, Pspice, Matlab, IQ-RM,. DOORS, Altium, Oscilloscope, Multimeter, "Logic Analyzer", "Spectrum Analyzer", "Power supplies", "Waveform Generator", "Communication Simulator"
Keywords: Job Juncture, Southfield , Hardware Development Engineer - ADAS, IT / Software / Systems , Southfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!