Lead Embedded Software Engineer - Electronic Braking
Company: The PRA Group, Inc.
Posted on: September 6, 2018
Job DescriptionLead Embedded Software Engineer - Electronic BrakingSouthfield, MI
Job Summary of the Lead Embedded Software Engineer - Electronic Braking:Embedded Software Engineer with brake experience is required to play a key role in leading the development of the modular software in Embedded C for 8/16/32 bit microprocessors/controllers for one of our clients in Michigan area. This is a stable, growing company that is offering significant future opportunities to break into new technologies In this role you will do a mix of leadership and hands-on development of embedded software for safety critical systems. If you have good experience with Embedded or Real Time Software Development along with Embedded C and assembly programming for 8/16/32 bit micro-controllers, then this opportunity is well suited to you.
Responsibilities of the Lead Embedded Software Engineer - Electronic Braking:
- Leading junior and mid-level engineers through the full development life-cycle.
- Development of modular software in Embedded C for 8/16/32 bit microprocessors/controllers.
- Development of AUTOSAR-based software component and low level drivers/MCAL based on Schematics and component specifications.
- Manage Software requirements, deliverables, and timings
- Track Software Development with Agile-based workflow
- Write unit/development test plans and conduct tests
- Work on quality, design, development and release of assigned software project elements
- Provide regular updates of task progression to software lead for project planning, tracking and oversight
- Work with product development teams and Identify or propose product process or infrastructure improvements
- Exemplify consensus building with team-focused behavior
Qualifications for the Lead Embedded Software Engineer - Electronic Braking:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or Electrical Engineering,
- At least 7 years of experience in Embedded or real-time software development.
- Current experience as a lead, or with the ability to quickly move up to a lead.
- Experience with C and assembly programming for 16/32/64 bit micro-controllers.
- Experience/Knowledge of Decision tables, state diagrams and structured programming.
- Knowledge of automotive protocols (UDS, CAN, GM LAN, FNOS)
- Experience/Knowledge of Configuration management and version control.
- Experience and knowledge of the following tools will be a plus -
- Eclipse, QAC, Jira, and PTC Source Integrity, Processor Tools: Makefiles, Debugger, Emulator, SimulatorCompensation of the Lead Embedded Software Engineer - Electronic Braking:Salary Range: $110,000-125,000/year
Location: Southeast MIType: DirectTravel: As requiredRelocation Assistance: Subject to reviewVisa Sponsorship: TN visa, Permanent Resident, and US Citizen only. (NO OPT/H1B will be considered)
Knowledge of the following areas will be helpful - Embedded, Software, Safety, requirement, "modular software", microprocessor, controller, AUTOSAR, MCAL, Bootloader, UDS, CAN, GM LAN, FNOS, Eclipse, QAC, Jira, "PTC Source Integrity", Makefiles, Debugger, Emulator, Simulator, " Computer Engineering", "Electrical Engineering", "Computer Science", "real time software development", programming, "Decision tables", "state diagrams", "structured programming", "Configuration management", "version control",
Keywords: The PRA Group, Inc., Southfield , Lead Embedded Software Engineer - Electronic Braking, IT / Software / Systems , Southfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!