Field Services Technician - Telecom
Company: Beaumont Hospitals
Posted on: September 21, 2022
GENERAL SUMMARY: Reporting to the Field Services Manager, the
Field Services Technician provides Level 2 IT support to end users
remotely and deskside primarily for user IT telephony issues. The
Technician interacts with customers to gather and document
information, analyze the situation, triage, troubleshoot, and
provide guidance to problem resolution, and when necessary
forward/assign the issue to the appropriate next levels of IT
support. The Technician will utilize common IT tools like a
ticketing database, knowledge database, and remote control tools in
performing these functions.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and
authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list
of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore,
that incumbents may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond
those explicitly described.
* Responsible for day-to-day maintenance, cable management, asset
management, and cleaning of customer phones, peripherals, and
* Assists users with phone and peripheral related problems and
* Assists Field Technicians in learning to troubleshoot and
Beaumont processes and procedures
* Performs installation, configuration, move, and upgrade
* Helps to monitor equipment asset levels.
* Completes updates on service tickets.
* Communicates to Sr and Lead Field Technicians on status of
* Continually works to meet or exceed Customer Service Level (SLA)
* On-call support coverage as needed, in scheduled rotations.
* Other duties as assigned by leadership.
* HS diploma required, Associates degree, or a combination of
related experience preferred, especially in healthcare
* 2-5 years of experience with installation and technical support
of telephony hardware. Varied background including PC
troubleshooting experience preferred
* ACIS, CompTIA A+, or similar certification not required but would
* Analytically inclined with attention to detail and accuracy
* Ability to work independently
* Ability to work under pressure and prioritize work
* Night/weekend on call coverage as needed, as part of a
* Beaumont Health grants equal employment opportunity to all
qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin,
sex, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital
status, height, weight, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally
Keywords: Beaumont Hospitals, Southfield , Field Services Technician - Telecom, IT / Software / Systems , Southfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!