Software Integration Engineer (Automotive)
Company: ALTEN Technology USA
Posted on: August 2, 2022
Software Integration Engineer (Automotive)Work Location:
Southfield, Michigan, United StatesWorkplace type: OnsiteCompany
We're ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides
solutions for engineering, technology, and product development
projects. For decades, we've been helping our clients develop
products that are changing the world, from the efficient heavy
truck of tomorrow to a fully autonomous electric taxi. Our team of
more than 400 people works across industries including automotive
OEM, tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicle, new
energy, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different
industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways,
ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing
product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering
and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group
operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa
and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of
whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle
and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting
to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people
passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world's most
technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking
care of our employees, building relationships, and providing
opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer
comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including
medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer
matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship
to help you take your career to the next level.
What you'll do:
The engineer is responsible for Embedded Software Integration Test
Development and Execution for Safety Critical Applications. This
Engineer possesses excellent software testing skills, a strong
sense of Software Development Life Cycle Process activities and
V-Cycle. This Engineer has advanced functional knowledge of modern
automotive electronic control circuits (ASICs, Transceivers,
Communication Protocols - CAN, SPI,Ethernet) and a thorough
knowledge of microprocessor/controllers. This engineer possesses
knowledge in the C language, Java Script and Python.
- Develop Software Integration Plan with specified methods and
- Integrate and Build Software Components for realtime embedded
- Maintain the Integration Branch and Merge the software
component in a GIT environment.
- Analyze Software Architecture Design in EA
- Develop Software Integration Test Specification with specified
methods and processes
- Perform Test Execution for the Test Plan
- Develop Test Scripts using J-Scripts, perl & python
- Generate software resource utilization metrics
- Establish and adhere to estimates in project work plan for
- Provide regular updates of assigned task progression to project
lead for project planning, tracking and oversight
- Identify or propose product process or infrastructure
- Contribute current status, relevant data and constructive
opinion at team/section meetings; Exemplify consensus building and
- Tools (a plus): DOORS Requirements Management, Logical
Analyzer, Infineon Microcontroller tools (Compiler, Emulator,
Simulator), Enterprise Architect, Greenhills/IAR, Vector Davinci
configurator, Eclipse, Tasking/GNU Compiler, iSYSTEM, WinIdea,
Vector Canalyzer and PTC Source Integrity.
What you'll bring:
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical
- Five Years work experience in Embedded Software Development or
Testing with good understanding of V-Cycle.
- C programming Skills -
- Hands on Experience on Embedded Software Testing - Black Box
and White Box Level -
- Working Experience on Test Automation
- Knowledge of Linux Internals and BSP.
- Programming Languages: C, Java Script, Python, Perl and VB
- Knowledge of Autosar Architecture.
- Electronic test equipment (oscilloscope, function generator,
power supply, etc.).
- Embedded software tools - Compilers, Debuggers.
- Working Experience on Automotive and control applications -
CAN, SPI, Ethernet.
- Knowledge on Automotive Diagnostics Standards: ISO14229.
- Knowledge on Automotive SPICE Standard
- Experience on Automotive Testing Tools -Vector Canalyzer,
Logical Analyzer, etc.
Keywords: ALTEN Technology USA, Southfield , Software Integration Engineer (Automotive), IT / Software / Systems , Southfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!