Software Integration Engineer (Automotive)
Company: ALTEN Technology USA
Posted on: August 2, 2022
Software Integration Engineer (Automotive)Work Location:
Southfield, Michigan, United StatesWorkplace type: OnsiteCompany
Industry: AutomotiveWe're ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering
company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and
product development projects. For decades, we've been helping our
clients develop products that are changing the world, from the
efficient heavy truck of tomorrow to a fully autonomous electric
taxi. Our team of more than 400 people works across industries
including automotive OEM, tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle,
electric vehicle, new energy, rail, and more. Our offices across
the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients
in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client
facilities to performing product development at our delivery
centers.ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in
engineering and information technology for more than 30 years.
ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America,
Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000
people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole
development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from
technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.When you join
ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about
collaborating to solve some of the world's most technical
engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our
employees, building relationships, and providing opportunities for
mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for
all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision
insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off
(PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your
career to the next level.Job DescriptionWhat you'll do: The
engineer is responsible for Embedded Software Integration Test
Development and Execution for Safety Critical Applications. This
Engineer possesses excellent software testing skills, a strong
sense of Software Development Life Cycle Process activities and
V-Cycle. This Engineer has advanced functional knowledge of modern
automotive electronic control circuits (ASICs, Transceivers,
Communication Protocols - CAN, SPI,Ethernet) and a thorough
knowledge of microprocessor/controllers. This engineer possesses
knowledge in the C language, Java Script and Python.
- Develop Software Integration Plan with specified methods and
- Integrate and Build Software Components for realtime embedded
- Maintain the Integration Branch and Merge the software
component in a GIT environment.
- Analyze Software Architecture Design in EA
- Develop Software Integration Test Specification with specified
methods and processes
- Perform Test Execution for the Test Plan
- Develop Test Scripts using J-Scripts, perl & python
- Generate software resource utilization metrics
- Establish and adhere to estimates in project work plan for
- Provide regular updates of assigned task progression to project
lead for project planning, tracking and oversight
- Identify or propose product process or infrastructure
- Contribute current status, relevant data and constructive
opinion at team/section meetings; Exemplify consensus building and
- Tools (a plus): DOORS Requirements Management, Logical
Analyzer, Infineon Microcontroller tools (Compiler, Emulator,
Simulator), Enterprise Architect, Greenhills/IAR, Vector Davinci
configurator, Eclipse, Tasking/GNU Compiler, iSYSTEM, WinIdea,
Vector Canalyzer and PTC Source Integrity. What you'll bring:
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical
- Five Years work experience in Embedded Software Development or
Testing with good understanding of V-Cycle.
- C programming Skills
- Hands on Experience on Embedded Software Testing - Black Box
and White Box Level
- Working Experience on Test Automation
- Knowledge of Linux Internals and BSP.
- Programming Languages: C, Java Script, Python, Perl and VB
- Knowledge of Autosar Architecture.
- Electronic test equipment (oscilloscope, function generator,
power supply, etc.).
- Embedded software tools - Compilers, Debuggers.
- Working Experience on Automotive and control applications -
CAN, SPI, Ethernet.
- Knowledge on Automotive Diagnostics Standards: ISO14229.
- Knowledge on Automotive SPICE Standard
- Experience on Automotive Testing Tools -Vector Canalyzer,
Logical Analyzer, etc.
Keywords: ALTEN Technology USA, Southfield , Software Integration Engineer (Automotive), IT / Software / Systems , Southfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!