Lead Software Validation Engineer
Company: Danlaw, Inc.
Posted on: August 1, 2022
The Lead Software Validation Engineer is a Technical leader in
the Product team for Software Verification & Validation (V&V).
The successful candidate will plan Software V&V activities for
the product, create test case document, and execute the same along
with the team for the software validation of electronic modules
with embedded software. Duties include planning, developing and
executing comprehensive, customer specific, software validation
test plans to meet all internal and external customer requirements.
Also, determine and assemble test specific setup requirements to
perform the validation and coordinate the build of software
validation test equipment, as necessary.
The Lead Software Validation Engineer will organize and participate
in peer reviews, process audits and comply with CMM level process
requirements as defined by our Process Group. They must be able to
work closely with the software and hardware engineering project
teams to understand requirements and to aid in issue resolution.
They will conduct the validation testing per the validation test
procedure using both manual and automated test techniques.
Additional responsibilities include troubleshooting issues found
during validation by organizing a cross functional team (hardware,
software, algorithm) for analysis, log potential software defects
into a defect tracking database, and review data with team members
and create summary reports for all tests conducted.
What you'll bring:
- BS/MS in Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or
- Three or more years of direct experience desired.
- Automotive experience preferred, safety product experience is
- Knowledge of electronic products and embedded micro-controller
- Candidate must have strong communication and problem-solving
skills and be able to work in a team environment.
- Strong writing skills to create well-written procedures and
- Ability to create new, unique tools to improve the validation
effort is a plus.
- Skilled in the use of product communication protocols and tools
such as serial communications, ISO CAN (2.0 & FD), Ethernet,
- Knowledge of development, construction, and usage of test
- Knowledge of arbitrary waveform generators, signal generators,
and oscilloscopes is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project.
- Experience in handling teams (Including Off-Shore and
- Experience in Planning & Execution of V&V tasks for a SW
- Ability to drive the team towards goals.
- Familiar with analysis tools like CANalyzer, CANoe, Vehicle
- Familiar with interface tools like SCAT2, NeoVi, Hercules,
- Familiar with both manual and automated test execution
- Familiar with configuration & version control systems (PTC,
- Familiar with simulation tools & systems (Mathcad modeling,
- Familiar with requirements management & traceability systems
(DOORS, Reqtify & etc.).
- Familiar with embedded S/W
- Familiar with Scripting/ Programming languages like CAPL,
Python, VB, C, & C++
- Familiar with the ISO 26262 & the approved testing
Keywords: Danlaw, Inc., Southfield , Lead Software Validation Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Southfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!