Senior Microsoft Skype/Teams Engineer
Company: American Axle & Manufacturing
Posted on: September 13, 2020
We are AAM. We have the POWER to move the world.
At AAM, we're looking for associates who push boundaries and drive
solutions for the future. Innovators. Thinkers. Dreamers. Doers. No
matter the role or function, every associate is a piece of what
makes AAM great. Were growing and building #TeamAAM to be the best.
Job Posting TitleSenior Microsoft Skype/Teams EngineerJob
Description SummarySenior Microsoft Skype/ Teams engineer that must
be a subject matter expert in Skype for Business on-prem, Teams and
has strong PSTN knowledge. Implements and supports hardware,
software, and telephony systems for the company. The role is
responsible for the engineering, automation, product lifecycle and
development of all in scope Microsoft and related voice and video
services working alongside our offshore team.Job
- Senior Microsoft Skype/ Teams engineer that must be a subject
matter expert in Skype for Business on-prem, Teams and has strong
- Help deploy, support and operate the AAM's SFB and help migrate
to Teams in a globally distributed environment.
- This resource will have primary responsibility in implementing
the plan to migrate to Microsoft Teams for voice and chat
- This role requires strong demonstrated skills in SFB
technology, O365, SFB Azure AD, DNS, PowerShell scripting,
PowerShell using O365 modules, server maintenance and regular
interaction with cross functional teams, client and vendors.
- Coordinates activities with business and facilities
organizational partners with equipment vendors and telephone
- Support Cisco Telepresence systems and integration with Skype /
- Manage and maintain AAM Skype / Telecom / Telepresence
- Required deliverable include system design, documentation and
- Provide day to day operations and escalation support.
- Develop and maintain standards and policies for Skype / Teams
- All other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration,
Information Systems, Voice, or equivalent combination of education
and experience is required.
- Minimum 5 years related experience in voice and information
technology solutions design and service management including SBCs
and SIP Trunks.
- Minimum 5 years related experience working with Skype for
Business / Microsoft Lync 2013 / Lync 2010 / OCS 2007 R2 enterprise
- Any experience in implementing MS Teams Voice is
- In-depth knowledge of Skype/Lync enterprise voice concepts and
strong PSTN knowledge. Experience with Dial Plans, Voice Policies,
Unified Messaging, SIP trunks, audio gateways and audio
- SBC-Session Border Controller and Voice Gateway experience
- Expertise in Skype Enterprise Voice configurations, policies,
and routing over a complex WAN infrastructure (SBC, SIP, Media
Gateways, VoIP, H.323, PBX, QoS), video and mobility.
- Good understanding of network concepts including TCP/IP
sub-netting, voice policies, Trunking, routing, SMTP, DNS, DHCP,
- Good understanding of cloud concepts especially relating to
Microsoft Azure AD, Azure AD Connect and Teams.
- Building plans and policies for Microsoft Teams and associated
voice and video communications services, strategies and
- Ability to apply project management skills to smaller projects
in terms of building a plan for tracking tasks, timelines, risks
- Hands-on experience in Active Directory, load balancing,
reverse proxy, DNS, certificate and related components.
- Knowledge on PowerShell scripting.
- Excellent communication skills in writing, presenting,
informing and active listening, team player, excellent people
skills, out-of-the-box thinker, and ability to interact with all
levels of resources in an organization.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across multiple teams and
- ITIL based work execution (Incident Management, Problem
Management and Change Management)
- Strong understanding and experience managing windows serves in
a VMware virtual environment.
- Experience supporting Cisco Telepresence systems is preferred
- Experience working with vendors to get quotes and provide cost
value analysis is preferred
- Certification in related areas is preferred
About American Axle & Manufacturing
For over 20 years, customers around the world have entrusted AAM to
design, engineer, validate and manufacture driveline and metal
forming technologies for automotive, commercial and industrial
markets. Today, we are a premier global Tier 1 automotive supplier
with broad capabilities across multiple product lines to deliver
efficient, powerful and innovative solutions for our customers.
Weve earned the trust of our suppliers and our customers through
our steadfast commitments to quality, operational excellence and
AAM delivers power. We deliver power literally through vehicle
components, systems and innovation, but we also deliver power in
ways unseen. We power our associates, their families, and the
communities in which we operate. Our global team of over 21,000
associates has a clear vision of where AAM is going and how we are
going to get there. After all, they are the reason we are a leader
in the automotive industry. We are powering the future. We are AAM.
Move with us, and join #TeamAAM.AAM will not discriminate against
any Associate or applicant for employment because of age, race,
color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual
orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or
expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin,
or other characteristic protected by law. AAM will take affirmative
action to ensure that applicants are employed, and that Associates
are treated equally during employment, without regard to their age,
race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status,
sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity
or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national
origin, or other characteristic protected by law. For the Disabled
Job Seeker: We offer reasonable accommodations for qualified
disabled individuals who are applicants for employment. To request
assistance or accommodations, please e-mail
TalentAcquisition@aam.com . AAM is an equal opportunity/affirmative
action employer.Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per AAM policy, we do not accept unsolicited
resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were
engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any
employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited
resume does so with the understanding that AAM will have the right
to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to
the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Keywords: American Axle & Manufacturing, Southfield , Senior Microsoft Skype/Teams Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Southfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!