Lead Cook, Comerica Park
Company: Delaware North
Posted on: August 3, 2022
The Opportunity Delaware North Sportservice is searching for an
experienced Lead Cook to join our team at Comerica Park in Detroit,
Michigan. As a Lead Cook at Comerica Park you will be a visible
leader in the kitchen, working with the team to deliver food to
quality standards, monitor the quantities, labor, and overhead
costs. This is a great opportunity to take your culinary skills to
the next level.Responsibilities
- Lead the work of kitchen assistants in preparing, cooking, and
storing food, as well as in maintaining kitchen and storage
facilities in sanitary conditions.
- Complies with all portion sizes, quality standards, department
rules, policies, and procedures.
- Ensures proper food temperatures are maintained and food is
- Ensures freshness and quality of all menu items and packages
all products to proper specifications.
- Performs opening, closing, and side work duties as instructed
and according to company guidelines.
- Follows and upholds all health codes and sanitation
- Completes end of day inventory and other opening and closing
duties in accordance with company checklists and procedures.
- Performs other duties assigned.Qualifications
- Minimum 2 years' previous experience in a culinary service role
- Ability to read and comprehend prep sheets and recipes.
- Basic math skills; ability to understand, calculate and follow
recipe measurements and proportions.Physical Requirements
- Manual dexterity sufficient to chop, mix, blend, whip, etc. a
variety of foods and liquids.
- Ability to lift and carry large pans from ovens or freezers,
weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to handle or operate dangerous kitchen equipmenWho We
Are Delaware North operates concessions, premium dining and retail
services at the 41,297-seat Comerica Park, home of the MLB's
Detroit Tigers. Delaware North has been a partner of the Tigers
since 1930. Our chefs create a unique dining experience at the
exclusive Tiger Club that offers a full view of the field. An
extensive menu with an emphasis on Detroit-inspired fare is created
for every game.At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who
you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting
venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or
premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can
ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company
with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive
and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and
grow with us.Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its
subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard
to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age,
disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any
other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal
Keywords: Delaware North, Southfield , Lead Cook, Comerica Park, Hospitality & Tourism , Southfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!