RN Registered Nurse - PACU/Surgery Recovery Room
Posted on: March 17, 2019
We Are Hiring RN-PACU/Recovery - Surgery Recovery Room 001 - Part-Time,Evening - Employer Providence Hospital - BU 34014 - Southfield,MI2 PM to 2 AM, 2 days a week.Why Join Employer? Employer Michigan is a member of Employer Health, the largest not-for-profit Catholic Health system in the United States.Our Mission, Vision and Values: Employer Michigan, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable. Our Values: We are called to: Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity and Dedication Our Vision: Our passion for healing calls us to cultivate trust, advocate wellness, and transform healthcare. What You Will Do As an associate with Employer St. John Health-MI, you will have the opportunity to provide direct nursing care for anesthetized patients in the immediate post-operative or post-procedural period.Responsibilities:
- Follows aseptic sterile technique according to Association of Perioperative Registered Nurses / American Society of Peri Anesthesia Nurses (AORN/ASPAN) standards.
- Evaluates patient's responses to treatments and interventions.
- Manages patient's pain.
- Anticipates case-specific needs based on knowledge of procedure(s) performed and pathophysiology.
- Initial and ongoing assessment of airway patency, respiratory status, breath sounds, type of artificial airway and oxygen saturation. Mechanical ventilator settings and end tidal CO2 monitoring if indicated.What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Certification specializing in Advanced Cardio Life Support obtained within 9 Months (270 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) licensure with the State of Michigan required.
- One or more of the following:
- Basic Life Support Provider certification from the American Heart Association (AHA) required. American Red Cross (ARC) CPR for Professional Rescuers card will be accepted upon hire but renewal must be a BLS Provider card from AHA.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support. Education:
- Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing requiredWork Experience:
- Minimum of two years critical care, ER or PACU experience in an acute inpatient setting required.
- ER experience in a level 1 or 2 trauma center preferred.Equal Employment Opportunity Employer Michigan is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:M/F/Disabled/Vet EEO is the Law Poster Supplement Reasonable AccommodationEmployer Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: . Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Employer Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.Thank you for considering a career with Employer Michigan. Please note that Employer will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Employer will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.E-Verify Statement Employer Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information. (link to E-verify site)
Keywords: Ascension, Southfield , RN Registered Nurse - PACU/Surgery Recovery Room, Healthcare , Southfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!