Medical Assistant - Family Medicine
Posted on: March 16, 2019
We Are Hiring Medical Assistant - Oakland Family Medical Somand - Full-Time - Ascension Medical Group, Oakland Family Internal Medicine - Dr Somand - 34011 - Southfield,MIWhy Join Ascension? Ascension Michigan is a member of Ascension Health, the largest not-for-profit Catholic Health system in the United States.Our Mission, Vision and Values: Ascension Michigan, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable. Our Values: We are called to: Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity and Dedication Our Vision: Our passion for healing calls us to cultivate trust, advocate wellness, and transform healthcare. What You Will Do As a Medical Assistant with Ascension Medical Group, you will have the opportunity to assist with the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a physician.Responsibilities:
- Assist with treatments ordered by physician as supervised by physician or registered nurse. Perform select clinical duties.
- Interview patients, measures vital signs, and records information on patients' charts. Prepare treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Perform basic clerical duties including answering the phone, maintaining records, and filing.
- Perform basic materials management functions to include ordering and stocking of supplies. Assist with maintaining a clean and orderly environment.
- Maintain clean, safely equipped and adequately supplied exam rooms. Inventory clinical supplies and place supply orders to maintain desired inventory levels.
- Comply with CLIA, OSHA, Joint Commission and other regulatory agency standards. Participate in in-service programs as needed. Follow infection controls and safety policies.
- Arrange for all diagnostic tests, makes future appointments for visits, and makes referrals. Provide referral forms and obtain authorizations as necessary.
- Administer medications including injectables according to approved procedures and provider instructions. Document administration in patient's chart. Collect and package specimens for lab processing. Perform routine office lab tests, EKGs, xrays and other procedures as ordered. Instructs patients regarding preparation for tests and signing consent forms when necessary.What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Basic Life Support Provider certification from the American Heart Association (AHA) required. American Red Cross (ARC) CPR for Professional Rescuers card will be accepted upon hire but renewal must be a BLS Provider card from AHA.
- Medical Assistant certification or registration required within 90 days of hire/transfer date.Education:
- High school diploma or equivalent required Graduate of a Medical Assistant certification program and/or graduate of a certified EMT program preferredWork Experience:
- 6 months of previous medical office experience preferred.Equal Employment Opportunity Ascension Michigan is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster: M/F/Disabled/Vet EEO is the Law Poster Supplement Reasonable AccommodationAscension Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: . Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Ascension Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.Thank you for considering a career with Ascension Michigan. Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.E-Verify Statement Ascension Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information. E -Verify (link to E-verify site)
Keywords: Ascension, Southfield , Medical Assistant - Family Medicine, Healthcare , Southfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!