Pharmacist - General Services
Posted on: March 15, 2019
We Are Hiring Pharmacist - Pharmacy Services General 001 - Full-Time,Rotating - Employer Providence Hospital - BU 34014 - Southfield,MIRotating shift: Day shift is 7:00am to 3:30pm; afternoon shift is 3:00pm to 11:30pm. Occasional midnights, every other weekend and five to six holidays per year required. Why Join Employer? Employer Michigan is a member of Employer Health, the largest not-for-profit Catholic Health system in the United States.Our Mission, Vision and Values: Employer Michigan, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable. Our Values: We are called to: Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity and Dedication Our Vision: Our passion for healing calls us to cultivate trust, advocate wellness, and transform healthcare. What You Will Do As an associate with St. John Health-MI, you will have the opportunity to assures the appropriate selection, dosing, administering, and dispensing of medication orders.Responsibilities:
- Review and assess medication orders to identify, prevent and resolve potential and actual drug related problems. Recommends formulary alternatives when appropriate.
- Compound and dispense medications for accurate delivery to patients.
- Provide drug information and education to medical staff and patients.
- Communicate with physicians and other clinicians as necessary to facilitate care.
- Supervise/oversee and closely reviews the work of support personnel.
- Provide pharmaceutical care through activities which may include but are not limited to: therapeutic drug monitoring and management, provision of drug and poison information, adverse drug reaction reporting, medication use evaluation and clinical interventions.What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Licensed Pharmacist credentialed from the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Controlled Substance License at hire/transfer date required.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Provider certification preferred.
- Certification specializing in Advanced Cardio Life Support. Education:
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy or PharmD at hire/transfer date requiredWork Experience:
- One year of experience in a hospital practice required. Familiar with unit dose, IV admixture, and clinical practice and/or completion of a Pharmacy Practice Residency preferred.Equal Employment Opportunity Employer Michigan is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:M/F/Disabled/Vet EEO is the Law Poster Supplement Reasonable AccommodationEmployer Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: . Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Employer Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.Thank you for considering a career with Employer Michigan. Please note that Employer will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Employer will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.E-Verify Statement Employer Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information. (link to E-verify site)
Keywords: Ascension, Southfield , Pharmacist - General Services, Healthcare , Southfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!