Physical Therapist (PT) - Southfield
Posted on: March 15, 2019
We Are Hiring Physical Therapist (PT) - Physical Therapy 001 - PRN, Weekends - Ascension Providence Hospital, Southfield Campus - BU 34014 - Southfield, MI - Day shift: Minimally 2 weekend shifts per month, 1 holiday and 1 hard to fill *( *which could include another holiday or shifts surrounding holidays). Weekday shifts may be offered once the minimal weekend requirement is fulfilled and only as needed.Why Join Ascension? Ascension Michigan is a member of Ascension Health, the largest not-for-profit Catholic Health system in the United States.Our Mission, Vision and Values: Ascension Michigan, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable. Our Values: We are called to: Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity and Dedication Our Vision: Our passion for healing calls us to cultivate trust, advocate wellness, and transform healthcare. What You Will Do As a Physical Therapist with Ascension Providence Hospital, you will have the opportunity to evaluate and conduct medically prescribed physical therapy treatment programs.Responsibilities:
- Perform initial and on-going assessments of patient's condition.
- Establish, revise and evaluate a plan of care which is appropriate to problems identified and involves the patient/family.
- Perform therapy interventions utilizing standard physical therapy techniques and skills as appropriate for the condition of the patient.
- Oversee activities of physical therapy assistants, students and other support personnel.
- Achieve and maintain targeted productivity. Assist at other sites as patient demand dictates.
- Confer with referring and consulting physicians, nursing personnel and other health professionals regarding patient's progress, status and ongoing recommendations.
- Assist with and participate in department in-service education program, maintains professional growth and development by attending continuing education seminars and presenting in-services to department. Attend and participate in regularly scheduled department meetings. Take on special projects, programs and other duties as requested.
- Assign patients to appropriate therapy assistants, assume responsibility and supervision of these patients, discuss evaluations, assessment, treatments and progress of patients. Re-evaluate and assist in discharge planning as needed. Assist the appropriate therapy assistant in identifying new problems, setting new goals, making treatment changes, and in discharge planning as needed. Countersign appropriate therapy assistant's progress notes (if new problems, goals and/or treatment changes are made) and discharge summaries.What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Licensed as a Physical Therapist in the State of Michigan required.
- One or more of the following:
- Basic Life Support Provider certification from the American Heart Association (AHA) required. American Red Cross (ARC) CPR for Professional Rescuers card will be accepted upon hire but renewal must be a BLS Provider card from AHA.Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Physical Therapy requiredWork Experience:
- None required. Previous experience in acute care and/or inpatient setting strongly preferred.Equal Employment Opportunity Ascension Michigan is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster: M/F/Disabled/Vet EEO is the Law Poster Supplement Reasonable AccommodationAscension Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: . Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Ascension Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.Thank you for considering a career with Ascension Michigan. Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.E-Verify Statement Ascension Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information. E -Verify (link to E-verify site)
Keywords: Ascension, Southfield , Physical Therapist (PT) - Southfield, Healthcare , Southfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!