Senior Medical Staff Coordinator - Medical Affairs
Posted on: March 13, 2019
We Are Hiring Sr Medical Staff Coordinator - Medical Affairs Admin 001 - Full-Time,Rotating - Employer Providence Hospital, Southfield CampusMonday - Friday 7:00 AM - 4:30 AM Why Join Employer? Employer Michigan is a member of Employer Health, the largest not-for-profit Catholic Health system in the United States.Our Mission, Vision and Values: Employer Michigan, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable. Our Values: We are called to: Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity and Dedication Our Vision: Our passion for healing calls us to cultivate trust, advocate wellness, and transform healthcare. What You Will Do As an Associate with Employer Providence Hospital, Southfield Campus, you will have the opportunity to coordinate processing of applications, appointments, and administrative support services for medical staff and health professionals.Responsibilities:
- Handles the billing, collection, and deposit of medical staff dues.
- Schedules, coordinates and attends all assigned department and committee meetings, conferences and special events in support of medical staff credentialing activities.
- Communicates with both internal and external customers concerning the credentialing activities and operation of the department, including verification requests regarding hospital privileges, past residencies, and fellowships.
- Ensures data integrity. Maintains adequate documentation for analysis, data retrieval, and troubleshooting of systems and databases.
- Maintains a current copy of medical staff bylaws, rules and regulations, department rules and regulations, manuals, policies and procedures. Coordinates the review and revisions of these documents ensuring appropriate communication to the medical staff and hospital departments.
- Maintains responsibility for accurate and comprehensive practitioner records within the physician database (CACTUS) and/or hard copy. Tracks practitioner's initial and re-appointment applications during the credentialing process.
- Oversees and communicates the credentialing and privileging process to make sure all applicable regulatory and local standards are met. This includes processing documents, follow-up, consistency and changes to the process or a specific applicant.What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certified Professional Medical Staff Coordinator preferred
- or Certified Professional Credentialing Specialist preferred.Education:
- HS or Equivalent
- High school diploma or equivalent required Bachelor's degree in Healthcare Administration, Human Resources, or Business Administration preferredWork Experience:
- 7 years of experience in medical affairs, hospital credentialing, or managed care required. Experience with medico-legal issues and laws and regulatory agency requirements and standards required.Equal Employment Opportunity Employer Michigan is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:M/F/Disabled/Vet EEO is the Law Poster Supplement Reasonable AccommodationEmployer Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: . Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Employer Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.Thank you for considering a career with Employer Michigan. Please note that Employer will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Employer will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.E-Verify Statement Employer Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information. (link to E-verify site)
Keywords: Ascension, Southfield , Senior Medical Staff Coordinator - Medical Affairs, Healthcare , Southfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!