RN Registered Nurse - Cardiac Cath Lab - Southfield
Posted on: March 12, 2019
We Are Hiring RN - Cardiology - Cardiac Cath Labs Anc - Full-Time, Day - Ascension Providence Hospital, Southfield Campus - Southfield,MIFull-Time (4) 10 hour shifts with additional on-call responsibilities of approximately 1 night per week and one weekend every 4. When on-call, must be able to be in the department, ready to receive a patient within 30 minutes of being paged. General shift hours are 7:00 am to 5:30 pm, with occasional Saturdays.Must have a least 1 year RN experience in Critical Care, ER, Cardiology or Surgical Services and current ACLS.Why Join Ascension? Ascension Michigan is a member of Ascension Health, the largest not-for-profit Catholic Health system in the United States.Our Mission, Vision and Values: Ascension Michigan, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable. Our Values: We are called to: Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity and Dedication Our Vision: Our passion for healing calls us to cultivate trust, advocate wellness, and transform healthcare. What You Will Do As an Associate with Ascension Michigan, you will have the opportunity to provide direct nursing care to patients undergoing diagnostic, therapeutic and interventional procedures in the Cardiac Catheterization Lab.You will:
- Assess, prepare and position patients for procedures. Perform conscious sedation and hemodynamic monitoring as necessary.
- Prepare, implement and document plan of care. Communicate patient's condition to physician before, during and after procedures.
- Perform and/or facilitate diagnostic, therapeutic and interventional procedures.
- Perform set up and provide equipment and supplies before, during and after procedures.
- Display ability to perform unit-specific skills based on unit competency validation process and department-required certifications, to be required within department scope.
- Provide leadership to health care team including orientation, delegating work assignments, charge RN and other leadership responsibilities as assigned.
- Demonstrate personal commitment to the organization's core values and nursing mission, vision, and philosophy through active involvement in the quality improvement process.What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support certification from the American Heart Association (AHA) required within six months of hire/transfer date.
- Basic Life Support Provider certification from the American Heart Association (AHA) required. American Red Cross (ARC) CPR for Professional Rescuers card will be accepted upon hire but renewal must be a BLS Provider card from AHA.
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) licensure with the State of Michigan required. Education:
- Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing required Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred Work Experience:
- 1 year of relevant experience preferred.Equal Employment Opportunity Ascension Michigan is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster: M/F/Disabled/Vet EEO is the Law Poster Supplement Reasonable AccommodationAscension Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: . Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Ascension Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.Thank you for considering a career with Ascension Michigan. Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.E-Verify Statement Ascension Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information. E -Verify (link to E-verify site)
Keywords: Ascension, Southfield , RN Registered Nurse - Cardiac Cath Lab - Southfield, Healthcare , Southfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!