Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT)
Posted on: February 13, 2019
We Are Hiring Registered Respiratory Therapist - Pulmonary Rehab 001 - Part-Time,Day - Employer Providence Hospital, Southfield Campus - BU 34014 - Southfield,MI - Tuesdays and Thursdays but occasional hours on other days to do patient education. No weekends.Why Join Employer? Employer Michigan is a member of Employer Health, the largest not-for-profit Catholic Health system in the United States.Our Mission, Vision and Values: Employer Michigan, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable. Our Values: We are called to: Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity and Dedication Our Vision: Our passion for healing calls us to cultivate trust, advocate wellness, and transform healthcare. What You Will Do As a Registered Respiratory Therapist with Employer Providence Hospital, you will have the opportunity to provide evaluation of and care for patients with respiratory insufficiencies.Responsibilities:
- Assess patient for appropriate type and frequency of treatment and develops a plan of care based on diagnosis.
- Implement and monitor patient care plan. Monitor, record and communicate patient condition. Perform advanced respiratory care modalities.
- Evaluate respiratory practice, administration of medications, and treatment based on patient outcomes.
- Educate the patient and family about the health condition and provide information about community support groups and other available programs.
- May act as a preceptor to students, new employees and other hospital personnel. Participate in PI activities to evaluate and improve the quality and care provided by the respiratory department and other related services.
- May conduct prescribed invasive and non-invasive diagnostic studies including capnography, pulse oximetry, pulmonary function screening, EKG's and other diagnostic testing as required.
- Participate in inter-disciplinary department team to discuss, does patient rounds and discuss patients' improvements. Participate in discharge planning function. Communicate with medical staff and nursing regarding the outcome and indicated changes in therapy.
- Provide initial assistance for those needing emergency intervention.What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Registered with the National Board of Respiratory Care (RRT) required.
- Licensed Respiratory Therapist in the State of Michigan required.
- One or more of the following:
- Basic Life Support Provider certification from the American Heart Association (AHA) required. American Red Cross (ARC) CPR for Professional Rescuers card will be accepted upon hire but renewal must be a BLS Provider card from AHA.Education:
- Associate's Degree requiredWork Experience:
- One year of respiratory care clinical experience preferred.Equal Employment Opportunity Employer Michigan is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:M/F/Disabled/Vet EEO is the Law Poster Supplement Reasonable AccommodationEmployer Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: . Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Employer Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.Thank you for considering a career with Employer Michigan. Please note that Employer will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Employer will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.E-Verify Statement Employer Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information. (link to E-verify site)
Keywords: Ascension, Southfield , Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT), Healthcare , Southfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!