IGNITE Graduate Rotational Program - New Mobility Lab (R&D)
Company: Capital Markets Placement
Posted on: February 13, 2019
DENSO is one of the largest global automotive suppliers of advanced technology, systems and components in the areas of thermal, powertrain control, electronics and information and safety. From automated driving to hybrid and electric vehicle components, we're crafting the core technologies of modern mobility. We draw on the strengths of individual inventors who are joining together to become an unstoppable force for global good. With our North American headquarters located in Michigan, DENSO employs more than 24,000 people at 28 consolidated subsidiaries and 4 affiliates across the North American region. Worldwide, the company has more than 200 subsidiaries and affiliates in 38 countries and regions and employs more than 170,000 people. Consolidated global sales for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2018, totaled US$48.1 billion.
Interested in working abroad? Curious about rotating throughout a company for your first two years out of college? DENSO has an opportunity for you! We are hiring for our two-year rotational program in our New Mobility R&D Lab.
For 5 years, DENSO has invested in such a rotational program to allow new associates to experience a variety of areas within the company to gain a broader understanding of what we do.
As a DENSO Software Engineer, you will be part of a small R&D team developing products and services for shared mobility. We are looking for software engineer to work with us on vehicle access & start functions like remote keyless entry, telematics and other innovative products for DENSO's Smart Mobility ECU.
Below are some of the responsibilities you will be participating in at DENSO:
- Develop software for vehicle access and Connectivity (Wifi, Bluetooth, GSM / 4G LTE features based) products to meet customer requirements.
- Develop innovative solutions for challenging problems with scalable, production quality software.
- Work with internal cross-functional teams to develop a working model or PoC (proof of concept).
- Work with sensor and telematics data such as GPS and phone accelerometer & gyroscope data.
- Read and understand documentation provided by partners.
- Work with customers to build integrations and troubleshoot issues.
This opportunity includes the following rotational path, note this is subject to change based upon department requirements:
- New Mobility Lab (R&D) - Southfield, MI - Home Assignment - 6 months
- Software Engineer - Seattle, Washington - 6 months
- Software Engineer - Japan (DENSO's Headquarters) - 6 months
- Software Engineer - San Francisco, CA - 6 months " frameborder="" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen>
After completing this two-year rotational program, you will continue working as a Software Engineer in the New Mobility R&D Lab in Southfield, Michigan.
DENSO does provide full relocation packages when traveling throughout the rotations. This year, DENSO is hiring 10 new IGNITE's into the program and we are excited for you to be a part of our journey.
We are looking for enthusiastic, energetic fast learners that have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- 0 - 2 years of experience (Related co-op or internship work preferred)
- Strong development experience in C, C , Java.
- Developing systems applications on Linux/Android.
- Comfortable in Python language.
- Experience with Automotive CAN & vehicle networks, vehicle data acquisition, vehicle diagnostics and instrumentation.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated decision making and leadership skills
- DENSO will not provide any US immigration sponsorship for this position
- Rotations are required Department: Engineering - provided by Dice Android, Automated, Automotive, Bluetooth, Development, GPS, Java, Linux, Networks, Python, Sales, Software Engineer
Keywords: Capital Markets Placement, Southfield , IGNITE Graduate Rotational Program - New Mobility Lab (R&D), Healthcare , Southfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!