Laboratory Technician - Lab Pathology
Posted on: January 8, 2019
We Are Hiring Lab Technician 1 - Lab Pathology - Full-Time,Evening - Ascension Providence Hospital, Southfield Campus - 11 a.m. to 7:30 p.m., Monday thru Friday. May work holidays and/or weekends. Why Join Ascension? Ascension Michigan is a member of Ascension Health, the largest not-for-profit Catholic Health system in the United States.Our Mission, Vision and Values: Ascension Michigan, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable. Our Values: We are called to: Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity and Dedication Our Vision: Our passion for healing calls us to cultivate trust, advocate wellness, and transform healthcare. What You Will Do As an Associate with Ascension Michigan, you will have the opportunity to perform routine laboratory tests in various sections of the laboratory under the supervision of a medical technologist/medical laboratory scientist.Responsibilities:
- Performs common testing procedures and reports test results.
- Performs instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Performs quality control testing.
- Maintains supplies needed for performance of tests.
- Prepares standards, reagents, and other materials (including patient specimens) for testing.
- Assists with data collection or special projects as assigned.
- Reviews outstanding specimen reports as assigned and follow up on any specimen not received or testing not completed by the department.
- Performs appropriate communications, clerical duties and computer functions necessary for laboratory operations.What You Will Need Education:
- HS or Equivalent
- High school diploma or equivalent required Work Experience:
- 6 months of previous clinical laboratory experience or commensurate educational laboratory experience from an accredited institution required. 1 year of previous clinical laboratory experience preferred. Keyboarding and data entry experience preferred.Equal Employment Opportunity Ascension Michigan is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster: M/F/Disabled/Vet EEO is the Law Poster Supplement Reasonable AccommodationAscension Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: . Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Ascension Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.Thank you for considering a career with Ascension Michigan. Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.E-Verify Statement Ascension Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information. E -Verify (link to E-verify site)
Keywords: Ascension, Southfield , Laboratory Technician - Lab Pathology, Healthcare , Southfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!