Transition Care Manager, RN
Posted on: December 5, 2018
Job Brief responsible for completing preventative transition planning for plan members presenting to the Emergency Room and / or Acute Setting Your career starts now. We re looking for the next generation of health care leaders. At AmeriHealth Caritas, we re passionate about helping people get care, stay well and build healthy communities. As one of the nation's leaders in health care solutions, we offer our associates the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people through our national footprint of products, services and award-winning programs. AmeriHealth Caritas is seeking talented, passionate individuals to join our team. Together we can build healthier communities. If you want to make a difference, we d like to hear from you. Headquartered in Philadelphia, AmeriHealth Caritas is a mission-driven organization with more than 30 years of experience. We deliver comprehensive, outcomes-driven care to those who need it most. We offer integrated managed care products, pharmaceutical benefit management and specialty pharmacy services, behavioral health services, and other administrative services. Discover more about us at . Under the Direction of the Supervisor of Integrated Health Care Management, the Transition Care Manager will be embedded in a high volume PCP s office or hospital and is responsible for completing preventative transition planning for plan members presenting to the Emergency Room and / or Acute Setting using ACFC policies and procedures. The Transition Care Manager refers members as appropriate to the Integrated Health Care Management team, and collaborates with the facility based multidisciplinary discharge planning teams to support the member s successful transition across all settings. In addition, the Transition Care Manager completes assessments to identify plan member needs across the care continuum, identifies potential barriers to discharge, outlines needed interventions, determines members understanding of illness and outpatient management of illness. The Transition Care Manager also coordinates and supports members referral to community resources. Job Related Requirements Knowledge/Qualifications/Skills/Abilities:
- Required Registered Nurse, graduated from an accredited Associates Degree or Bachelor s Degree program
- Required minimum of 3 years nursing experience, in related clinical setting.
- Required minimum of 2 years Discharge Planning Experience, or Case Management experience strongly preferred.
- Required valid drivers license and reliable automobile transportation for on-site assignments and off site work related activities.
- Preferred Managed Care experience.
- Preferred Emergency Department experience. Back Share
- Apply Now Associated topics: bsn, domiciliary, intensive, intensive care unit, maternal, psychiatric, recovery, registed, registered nurse, surgical
Keywords: Amerihealth, Southfield , Transition Care Manager, RN, Healthcare , Southfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!