Medical Technologist-Blood Bank
Company: Ascension SE Michigan, MI
Posted on: November 7, 2018
Job ID: 251163 Medical Technologist-Blood Bank Southfield, Michigan Regular / Rotating Additional Job Information Title: Medical Technologist 1 City, State: Southfield,MI Location: Providence Hospital - BU 34028 Department: Blood Bank Anc 002 Additional Job Details: Full-Time,Rotating, 36 hours,Weekly Variable hours days and night shifts; rotate weekends and holidays on night shift. About Us St. John Providence Health System is a member of Ascension Health, the largest not-for-profit Catholic Health system in the United States.
Our Mission, Vision and Values: St. John Providence Health System, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable. Our Values: We are called to: Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity and Dedication Our Vision: Our passion for healing calls us to cultivate trust, advocate wellness, and transform healthcare. Job Description Job Summary: The Medical Technologist 1 performs laboratory testing of patient specimens in one or more sections of the laboratory. Responsibilities:
- Performs diagnostic/analytic testing of specimens. Interprets, documents and reports test results.
- Performs quality control testing, instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Verifies analytic accuracy, precision, sensitivity and references ranges for test methods.
- Serves as a resource to staff as needed.
- Participates in orientation, education, and training of other laboratory and SJPHS personnel, residents, students, and consumers.
- Maintains knowledge of current trends and technical advances in laboratory operations, including attendance at inter/intra laboratory meetings and in-services.
- Assists with development and revisions of laboratory policies and procedures, data collection, or special projects as assigned.
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- One of the following is required: certification or certification eligible at hire and certified within one year of hire/transfer date as a Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) by the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) or certification as a Medical Technologist (MT) by the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC). Certification or certification eligible at hire and certified within one year of transfer/hire as a Medical Technologist in a single lab discipline by the ASCP-BOC is acceptable for positions within that lab discipline. Canadian Medical Laboratory Technologist certification by CSLT/CLMLS is also acceptable. Education:
- Bachelor's Level Degree
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college/university, including 16 semester hours of biological science (with one semester in microbiology), 16 semester hours of chemistry (with one semester in organic or biochemistry), one semester of mathematics or post-secondary diploma (Canadian applicants) required Successful completion of a NAACLS accredited Medical Laboratory Science program, or three years of acceptable clinical laboratory experience under the pathologist, in lieu of an accredited program, is required Work Experience:
- One year of clinical laboratory experienece as an ASCP certified scientist preferred. Must meet education/experience requirements as outlined by ASCP-BOC. How To Apply Then follow this navigation: myAscension > myLinks > Associate Links > HR > My Career> Job Opportunities. Equal Employment Opportunity St. John Providence Health System is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster: M/F/Disabled/Vet EEO is the Law Poster Supplement Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants. E-Verify Statement St. John Providence Health System participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information. Share: -->
Keywords: Ascension SE Michigan, MI, Southfield , Medical Technologist-Blood Bank, Healthcare , Southfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!