Laboratory Assistant-General Lab
Company: Ascension SE Michigan, MI
Posted on: November 7, 2018
Job ID: 270810 Laboratory Assistant-General Lab Southfield, Michigan Regular / Rotating Additional Job Information Title: Laboratory Assistant 3 City, State: Southfield,MI Location: Providence Hospital - BU 34028 Department: General Lab Anc 012 Additional Job Details: PRN,Rotating,Weekly About Us St. John Providence Health System is a member of Ascension Health, the largest not-for-profit Catholic Health system in the United States.
Our Mission, Vision and Values: St. John Providence Health System, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable. Our Values: We are called to: Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity and Dedication Our Vision: Our passion for healing calls us to cultivate trust, advocate wellness, and transform healthcare. Job Description Job Summary: The Lab Assistant collects and processes blood specimens for testing. Responsibilities:
- Draws and collects blood samples. Verifies records.
- Labels, processes and delivers specimens for testing.
- Maintains supplies and equipment.
- May assist with coordinating and conducting blood drives, including interviewing and screening donors.
- Answers telephone calls, performs computer print reports and provides test results, as applicable.
- Collects, verifies, and processes patient registration data and test order/entry into hospital information system/laboratory information system.
- Obtains proper patient identification based on credentials presented, and communicates exceptions.
- Performs all other duties and projects as assigned.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certified as a Phlebotomy Technician by the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOR) preferred. Education:
- HS or Equivalent
- High school diploma or equivalent required Diploma/certificate from an accredited phlebotomy or medical assistant training program preferred Work Experience:
- Keyboarding and data entry experience preferred. Six months previous job related experience preferred. Pediatric phlebotomy experience preferred. How To Apply We urge you to apply for any/all positions in which you are interested. If you fit the qualifications for the role, we will reach out to you. Please ensure you complete all required fields within the application (indicated with an asterisk), as well as, additional information that is requested of you. Information that you offer us will better assist us in understanding your qualifications and fit for the position(s) for which you've applied. Equal Employment Opportunity St. John Providence Health System is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster: M/F/Disabled/Vet EEO is the Law Poster Supplement Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants. E-Verify Statement St. John Providence Health System participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information. Share: -->
Keywords: Ascension SE Michigan, MI, Southfield , Laboratory Assistant-General Lab, Healthcare , Southfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!