Recreational Therapist - Psychiatric Nursing Unit
Company: Ascension, WI
Posted on: November 7, 2018
Job ID: 278116 Recreational Therapist - Psychiatric Nursing Unit Southfield, Michigan Regular / Rotating Additional Job Information Title:--Recreational Therapist City, State:-- Southfield,MI Location:-- Providence Hospital - BU 34014 Department:---- Psychiatric Nursing Unit 001 Additional Job Details:----PRN,Rotating,Weekly Flexibility with Weekend Rotation. About Us St. John Providence Health System is a member of Ascension Health, the largest not-for-profit Catholic Health system in the United States.
Our Mission, Vision and Values: St. John Providence Health System, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable. -- Our Values: We are called to: Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity and Dedication -- Our Vision: Our passion for healing calls us to cultivate trust, advocate wellness, and transform healthcare. -- Job Description Job Summary: The Recreational Therapist develops, evaluates and conducts therapeutic recreational therapy treatment programs. -- Responsibilities:
- Performs initial and on-going assessments of patient's condition.
- Establishes a plan of care which is appropriate to problems identified and involves the patient/family.
- Performs therapy interventions utilizing recreational therapy techniques and skills as appropriate for the condition of the patient.
- Oversees activities of recreational therapy assistants, students and other support personnel.
- Maintains department policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety environmental, infection control and all applicable regulatory compliance.
- Opportunities are provided for individual, small group, and large group participation. The program provides both regularly scheduled activities and special events and utilizes a wide variety of public and private community resources and services (if applicable).
- Assesses patient needs, problems, strengths and barriers and formulates and collaborates with multidisciplinary treatment team in developing treatment goals.
- Assists with discharge planning by conferring with multidisciplinary team with recommendations for follow-up therapy and/or equipment needs and instructing the patient and family as needed.
- Required Credential(s):
- Certification by the National Council for Therapeutic Recreation required. Education:
- Bachelor's Level Degree--
- Bachelor's Degree in Therapeutic Recreation from an accredited program required Work Experience:
- One year of related experience preferred.
- Experience in behavioral health preferred. Equal Employment Opportunity St. John Providence Health System is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know. -- For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the ---EEO is the Law--- poster: M/F/Disabled/Vet -- EEO is the Law Poster Supplement -- -- -- Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants. E-Verify Statement St. John Providence Health System participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program.-- Please click the E-Verify link below for more information. Share: -->
Keywords: Ascension, WI, Southfield , Recreational Therapist - Psychiatric Nursing Unit, Healthcare , Southfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!