Registered Nurse RN-Surg Svcs Unit Based
Company: Ascension SE Michigan, MI
Posted on: November 5, 2018
Job ID: 267425 Registered Nurse RN-Surg Svcs Unit Based Southfield, Michigan Regular / Day Additional Job Information Title: RN-Surg Svcs Unit Based City, State: Southfield,MI Location: Providence Hospital - BU 34014 Department: Endoscopy GI 001 Additional Job Details: PRN,Day,Weekly About Us St. John Providence Health System is a member of Ascension Health, the largest not-for-profit Catholic Health Ministry in the United States.
Our Mission, Vision and Values: St. John Providence Health System is a Catholic health ministry committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable.
Together, we deliver the highest quality patient care experience, every day, everywhere, for everyone. We are called to: Service the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity and Dedication
Location: (ex: St. John Hospital & Medical Center)
Shift: (ex: days, 8:00am - 5:00pm)
Department: (ex: St. John Children's Center)
Shift: (ex: days, 8:00am - 5:00pm)
Hours per week: (ex: 40)
Job Summary: (should include only the generally summary from the job description, should NOT include typical job duties). Job Description Job Summary: The RN-Surg Svcs Unit Based delivers professional nursing care in the operative setting to patients undergoing surgical or other invasive procedures. Responsibilities:
- Performs scrub functions including the selection and handling of instruments and supplies used during procedure.
- Performs circulating functions including monitoring, recording and communicating patient condition and managing overall nursing care of patient before, during and after procedure.
- Directly assists operating physician with surgical tasks including hemostasis, suturing and wound exposure as well as patient positioning.
- Prepares operating rooms and surgical instruments and equipment for use.
- Compliant to all job responsibilities identified in the RN job.
- Performs all other duties and projects as assigned.
- Required Credential(s):
- Basic Life Support Provider certification from the American Heart Association (AHA) required. American Red Cross (ARC) CPR for Professional Rescuers card will be accepted upon hire but renewal must be a BLS Provider card from AHA.
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) licensure with the State of Michigan required. Education:
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing required Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred Work Experience:
- 6 months of related experience required. How To Apply We urge you to apply for any/all positions in which you are interested. If you fit the qualifications for the role, we will reach out to you. Please ensure you complete all required fields within the application (indicated with an asterisk), as well as, additional information that is requested of you. Information that you offer us will better assist us in understanding your qualifications and fit for the position(s) for which you've applied. Equal Employment Opportunity St. John Providence Health System is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster: M/F/Disabled/Vet EEO is the Law Poster Supplement Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants. E-Verify Statement St. John Providence Health System participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information. Share: -->
Keywords: Ascension SE Michigan, MI, Southfield , Registered Nurse RN-Surg Svcs Unit Based, Healthcare , Southfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!