Sonography Technologist - Fetal Medicine
Company: Ascension, WI
Posted on: October 5, 2018
Job ID: 275669 Sonography Technologist - Fetal Medicine Southfield, Michigan Regular / Day Additional Job Information Title:--Sonography Technologist-Fetal City, State:-- Southfield, MI Location:-- Providence Pavilion - BU 34011 Department:---- Mat Fetal Medicine SFLD Additional Job Details:----Part-Time, Day,--20 hours, Weekly --- Rotating 7:30 - 4:30 between Southfield and Novi locations as needed About Us St. John Providence Health System is a member of Ascension Health, the largest not-for-profit Catholic Health system in the United States.
Our Mission, Vision and Values: St. John Providence Health System, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable. -- Our Values: We are called to: Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity and Dedication -- Our Vision: Our passion for healing calls us to cultivate trust, advocate wellness, and transform healthcare. -- Job Description Summary: The Sonography Technologist performs diagnostic procedures on patients using ultrasound waves to examine tissue and body structure, providing quality images to radiologists and physicians for interpretation. -- Responsibilities:
- Sets up and adjusts all equipment and manually maneuvers transducers to perform exams.
- Implements safety standards and performs appropriate quality control procedures.
- Performs routine and complex studies and assists physician in a variety of imaging procedures.
- Recognizes significant structures, artifacts, pathology and equipment limitations.
- Performs two-dimensional ultrasound imaging of fetal biometry and anatomical structures to be interpreted by a Perinatologist for the diagnosis of normal and or abnormal fetal biometry/anatomy.
- Performs ultrasound studies that require independent judgment and initiative to apply ultrasound for a diagnosis. Recognizes abnormalities by ultrasound and correlates with the ultrasound findings to aid in the diagnosis by the perinatologist.
- Training of ultrasound students and residents.
- Assists in guiding for invasive procedures such as amnicentesis, CVS etc.
- Required Credential(s):
- Registered by or registry eligible with the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) in the specialty of Obstetrics required. Active accreditation in nuchal translucency
- One or more of the following:
- Basic Life Support Provider certification from the American Heart Association (AHA) required. American Red Cross (ARC) CPR for Professional Rescuers card will be accepted upon hire but renewal must be a BLS Provider card from AHA
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certification--specializing in--Advanced Cardio Life Support Education:
- Graduate from an accredited diagnostic medical sonography program required
-- Work Experience:
- Two years of experience in high risk obstetrics required. Background in fetal invasively guided procedures, including but not limited to amniocentesis, CLS, amniotransfusions etc, fetal echocardiography preferred Equal Employment Opportunity St. John Providence Health System is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know. -- For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the ---EEO is the Law--- poster: M/F/Disabled/Vet -- EEO is the Law Poster Supplement -- -- -- Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants. E-Verify Statement St. John Providence Health System participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program.-- Please click the E-Verify link below for more information. Share: -->
Keywords: Ascension, WI, Southfield , Sonography Technologist - Fetal Medicine, Healthcare , Southfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!