Surgical Technician - Surgery
Company: Ascension, WI
Posted on: October 4, 2018
Job ID: 278108 Surgical Technician - Surgery Southfield, Michigan Regular Additional Job Information Title:--Surgical Technician 1 City, State:-- Southfield,MI Location:-- Providence Hospital - BU 34014 Department:---- Surgery 001 Additional Job Details:----Full-Time,Evening,--36 hours,Weekly Afternoons, 3 - 12 hours shifts, 9am-930pm and/or 11am-1130pm. About Us St. John Providence Health System is a member of Ascension Health, the largest not-for-profit Catholic Health system in the United States.
Our Mission, Vision and Values: St. John Providence Health System, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable. -- Our Values: We are called to: Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity and Dedication -- Our Vision: Our passion for healing calls us to cultivate trust, advocate wellness, and transform healthcare. -- Job Description Job Summary: The Surgical Technician 1 facilitates the safe and efficient performance of surgical procedures. -- Responsibilities:
- Prepares surgical operating suite with sterile drapes and sterile solutions as well as appropriate sterile and non-sterile instruments and supplies.
- Hands required/requested instruments and supplies to surgeon during surgery.
- Assists with preparing, transporting, positioning and draping patients.
- Maintains instruments in an organized manner and monitors/tracks instruments counts throughout procedures.
- Assists in the collection and preparation of specimens and cultures.
- Performs all other duties and projects as assigned.
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Basic Life Support Provider certification from the American Heart Association (AHA) required. American Red Cross (ARC) CPR for Professional Rescuers card will be accepted upon hire but renewal must be a BLS Provider card from AHA.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certified Surgical Technologist preferred. Education:
- HS or Equivalent--
- High school diploma or equivalent required Work Experience:
- 1 year of Surgical Technologist experience preferred. Equal Employment Opportunity St. John Providence Health System is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know. -- For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the ---EEO is the Law--- poster: M/F/Disabled/Vet -- EEO is the Law Poster Supplement -- -- -- Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants. E-Verify Statement St. John Providence Health System participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program.-- Please click the E-Verify link below for more information. Share: -->
Keywords: Ascension, WI, Southfield , Surgical Technician - Surgery, Healthcare , Southfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!