Manager RN-Surgery Recovery Room
Company: Ascension SE Michigan, MI
Posted on: September 9, 2018
Job ID: 267099 Manager RN-Surgery Recovery Room Southfield, Michigan Regular / Rotating Additional Job Information Title:--Mgr-Nursing City, State:-- Southfield,MI Location:-- Providence Hospital - BU 34014 Department:---- Surgery Recovery Room 001 Additional Job Details:----Full-Time,Rotating,--40 hours,Weekly Primarily day shift M-F but with 24 hour responsibility for operation of Preadmission Testing, Preoperative holding unit and Postanesthesia Care units. About Us St. John Providence Health System is a member of Ascension Health, the largest not-for-profit Catholic Health system in the United States.
Our Mission, Vision and Values: St. John Providence Health System, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable. -- Our Values: We are called to: Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity and Dedication -- Our Vision: Our passion for healing calls us to cultivate trust, advocate wellness, and transform healthcare. -- Job Description Job Summary: Manages activities, workflow and nursing resources of assigned nursing unit(s). -- Responsibilities:
- Ensures compliance with regulatory and accreditation requirements.
- Conducts hiring, training, directing, development and evaluating of staff.
- Identifies and resolves issues affecting the delivery of patient care services for the assigned unit(s). Develops and implements policies and procedures to ensure efficient and effective delivery of health services in a unit.
- Monitors and adheres to budget. Approves or monitors expenditures, purchases and other actions to ensure compliance with budget guidelines.
- Holds 24 hour responsibility for assigned patient care unit.
- Consistently role models the 10 Leadership Principles. Holds associates accountable for relationship building behaviors with patients, families, physicians and colleagues.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to the organization's core values and nursing mission, vision, and philosophy through active involvement in the quality improvement process.
- Performs all other duties and projects as assigned.
- Required Credential(s):
- Basic Life Support Provider certification from the American Heart Association (AHA) required. American Red Cross (ARC) CPR for Professional Rescuers card will be accepted upon hire but renewal must be a BLS Provider card from AHA.
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) licensure with the State of Michigan required.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Crisis prevention trained preferred.
- --ASPAN membership, CPAN certification desirable. Education:
- Bachelor's Level Degree--
- Bachelor's degree in nursing, or combination of diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing and related experience required Master's degree in a related field, or combination of Bachelor's degree and related experience preferred Work Experience:
- 3 Years Required Technical Experience. 5 Years Preferred Technical Experience. 1 Year Required Leadership/Mgmt. 5 Years Preferred Leadership/Mgmt Experience.
- 3 years of inpatient clinical nursing experience, perioperative nursing experience preferred. Prefer previous nursing leadership experience.---- How To Apply -- We urge you to apply for any/all positions in which you are interested.-- If you fit the qualifications for the role, we will reach out to you.-- Please ensure you complete all required fields within the application (indicated with an asterisk), as well as, additional information that is requested of you.-- Information that you offer us will better assist us in understanding your qualifications and fit for the position(s) for which you've applied. -- -- Equal Employment Opportunity St. John Providence Health System is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know. -- For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the ---EEO is the Law--- poster: M/F/Disabled/Vet -- EEO is the Law Poster Supplement -- -- -- Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants. E-Verify Statement St. John Providence Health System participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program.-- Please click the E-Verify link below for more information. Share: -->
Keywords: Ascension SE Michigan, MI, Southfield , Manager RN-Surgery Recovery Room, Healthcare , Southfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!