Lead Preceptor RN - Neuro Trauma ICU
Company: Ascension SE Michigan, MI
Posted on: September 8, 2018
Job ID: 270310 Lead Preceptor RN - Neuro Trauma ICU Southfield, Michigan Regular / Rotating Additional Job Information Title:--Lead-Preceptor City, State:-- Southfield,MI Location:-- Providence Hospital - BU 34014 Department:---- Neuro Trauma ICU 001 Additional Job Details:----Full-Time,Rotating,--36 hours,Weekly, 7 p.m. -7 a.m. About Us St. John Providence Health System is a member of Ascension Health, the largest not-for-profit Catholic Health system in the United States.
Our Mission, Vision and Values: St. John Providence Health System, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable. -- Our Values: We are called to: Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity and Dedication -- Our Vision: Our passion for healing calls us to cultivate trust, advocate wellness, and transform healthcare. -- Job Description Summary: The Lead-Preceptor provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. -- Responsibilities:
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Performs all responsibilities and competencies of a RN.
- Provides educational opportunities and support for current and new associates to ensure transfer of learning related to competencies, unit educational needs, new procedures or changes in practice, new equipment and processes. Provides the unit manager with assistance in executing and monitoring adherence to new expectations and initiatives.
- Recognizes unit's culture and diversity and assists new associates with the transition to unit routines and the socialization processes.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to the organization's core values and nursing mission, vision, and philosophy through active involvement in the quality improvement process.
- Required Credential(s):
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) licensure with the State of Michigan required.
- One or more of the following:
- Basic Life Support Provider certification from the American Heart Association (AHA) required. American Red Cross (ARC) CPR for Professional Rescuers card will be accepted upon hire but renewal must be a BLS Provider card from AHA. Education:
- Bachelor's Level Degree--
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) required
- or enrolled in a BSN program and completed within 2 years required Work Experience:
- 1 year of clinical RN experience required. How To Apply -- We urge you to apply for any/all positions in which you are interested.-- If you fit the qualifications for the role, we will reach out to you.-- Please ensure you complete all required fields within the application (indicated with an asterisk), as well as, additional information that is requested of you.-- Information that you offer us will better assist us in understanding your qualifications and fit for the position(s) for which you've applied. -- -- Equal Employment Opportunity St. John Providence Health System is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know. -- For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the ---EEO is the Law--- poster: M/F/Disabled/Vet -- EEO is the Law Poster Supplement -- -- -- Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants. E-Verify Statement St. John Providence Health System participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program.-- Please click the E-Verify link below for more information. Share: -->
Keywords: Ascension SE Michigan, MI, Southfield , Lead Preceptor RN - Neuro Trauma ICU, Healthcare , Southfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!