Patient Care Technician (PCT) - CNA - Medical Surgical (Med Surg)
Company: Ascension St. John Hospital, MI
Posted on: September 7, 2018
Job ID: 271426 Patient Care Technician (PCT) - CNA - Medical Surgical (Med Surg) Southfield, Michigan Regular Additional Job Information Title:--Patient Care Technician 1 City, State:-- Southfield,MI Location:-- Providence Hospital - BU 34014 Department:---- Medical 4W Additional Job Details:----Part-Time,Night,--24 hours,Weekly About Us St. John Providence Health System is a member of Ascension Health, the largest not-for-profit Catholic Health system in the United States.
Our Mission, Vision and Values: St. John Providence Health System, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable. -- Our Values: We are called to: Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity and Dedication -- Our Vision: Our passion for healing calls us to cultivate trust, advocate wellness, and transform healthcare. -- Job Description Summary: The --Patient Care Technician 1 performs basic patient care activities to patients in assigned area. -- Responsibilities:
- Assists with treatments ordered by physician and supervised by a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Assists patients with tending to personal care and activities of daily living.
- Reports findings or changes in physical, mental and emotional conditions to nursing staff.
- Assists with keeping patient rooms clean and orderly.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to the organization's core values.
- Displays ability to perform unit-specific skills based on unit competency validation process and department-required certifications to be required within department scope.
- Participates as a member of the multidisciplinary team. Provides clear and accurate information during hand off and rounds. Recognizes patient changes and irregularities and notifies nursing accordingly.
- Performs all other duties and projects as assigned.
- Required Credential(s):
- Basic Life Support Provider certification from the American Heart Association (AHA) required. American Red Cross (ARC) CPR for Professional Rescuers card will be accepted upon hire but renewal must be a BLS Provider card from AHA. Education:
- HS or Equivalent--
- High school diploma or equivalent required One of the following is required: Currently enrolled in nursing school or Clinical PCT/NA experience in acute care or nursing home setting for a minimum of 1 year or Completion of CNA or PCT program by start date or intent of graduation within 8 weeks of applying Work Experience:
- 6 months of related patient care experience in a hospital, skilled nursing facility, nursing home, or extended care facility preferred. How To Apply -- We urge you to apply for any/all positions in which you are interested.-- If you fit the qualifications for the role, we will reach out to you.-- Please ensure you complete all required fields within the application (indicated with an asterisk), as well as, additional information that is requested of you.-- Information that you offer us will better assist us in understanding your qualifications and fit for the position(s) for which you've applied. -- -- Equal Employment Opportunity St. John Providence Health System is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know. -- For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the ---EEO is the Law--- poster: M/F/Disabled/Vet -- EEO is the Law Poster Supplement -- -- -- Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants. E-Verify Statement St. John Providence Health System participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program.-- Please click the E-Verify link below for more information. Share: -->
Keywords: Ascension St. John Hospital, MI, Southfield , Patient Care Technician (PCT) - CNA - Medical Surgical (Med Surg), Healthcare , Southfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!